#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see where he ends up if he does not sign an extension. I very much doubt we will allow him to stay at the club beyond this summer if he doesn't sign a new contract and to be honest, based on what is now long term form, I would be loathe to give him a new contract giving him wage parity with our best.

I can't see what top foreign club would take him. Perhaps Barca, as rumoured, but no chance would they have able to pay him £300k per week and pay us a fee in line with our valuation (which will probably end up being in the Sane ballpark, £40-50m, given the leverage Sterling has). By all accounts their main target is Olmo as well, and he's not going to be cheap.

Bayern could perhaps be interested if Coman leaves? Though again, I think wages might be an issue for them - they could definitely pay him, but it's whether they would want to go that high for Sterling.

Madrid will be in full on Mbappe/Haaland pursuit, so I very much doubt they'll consider Raheem.

PSG are completely stacked in the forward department.

He will probably have suitors in England, but I can't see us selling to Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd and strengthening our rivals.

Arsenal could be an interesting proposition if Arteta survives the season - by all accounts a great relationship between the pair, they could pay the fee, they could pay him £300k per week (in line with their other senior players) and he would be very much a marquee signing for them. But it's whether Sterling would leave City for what is a pretty big step down right now, though it would mean guaranteed game time for a big team that sooner rather than later will likely be creeping up the table again.

Jesus and Sterling`s poor form is down to Pep not getting the best out of them, in most cases this is down to others in the team having the opportunity to shine, but Sterling needs to buck his ideas up because at this moment Navas is out playing him for team work so when your a game turns to shit?

Jesus has an argument at being our best player so far this season. He wasn't great on the weekend, but he's been fantastic prior to this.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up if he does not sign an extension. I very much doubt we will allow him to stay at the club beyond this summer if he doesn't sign a new contract and to be honest, based on what is now long term form, I would be loathe to give him a new contract giving him wage parity with our best.

I can't see what top foreign club would take him. Perhaps Barca, as rumoured, but no chance would they have able to pay him £300k per week and pay us a fee in line with our valuation (which will probably end up being in the Sane ballpark, £40-50m, given the leverage Sterling has). By all accounts their main target is Olmo as well, and he's not going to be cheap.

Bayern could perhaps be interested if Coman leaves? Though again, I think wages might be an issue for them - they could definitely pay him, but it's whether they would want to go that high for Sterling.

Madrid will be in full on Mbappe/Haaland pursuit, so I very much doubt they'll consider Raheem.

PSG are completely stacked in the forward department.

He will probably have suitors in England, but I can't see us selling to Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd and strengthening our rivals.

Arsenal could be an interesting proposition if Arteta survives the season - by all accounts a great relationship between the pair, they could pay the fee, they could pay him £300k per week (in line with their other senior players) and he would be very much a marquee signing for them. But it's whether Sterling would leave City for what is a pretty big step down right now, though it would mean guaranteed game time for a big team that sooner rather than later will likely be creeping up the table again.
A deal with Arsenal including Tierney coming our way would do for me

A deal with Arsenal including Tierney coming our way would do for me

He wouldn’t go to Arsenal, and they couldn’t afford his wages. It would never happen but I’d take money & Hudson-Odoi off Chelsea for him.

Sterling seemed to be close to Sane in the few clips I watched on the OS.So I can imagine his view on how that transfer was handled from a players perspective.

His situation has been ongoing now for nearly 18 months. It clear as day that he will run down his contract and imo sterling has made this decision before last season. You don’t go from playing at his level to the bumbling fool we see now without a major mental shift. The club should try and sell or offer as a swap if possible. His pedestrian performances are awful to watch.

I also think we are in quite a unique situation. Normally when players underperform the attention then turns to getting rid of the manager.

However, in our case the manager is not going anywhere, anytime soon and has full control of his players with the structure behind the scenes.

We are witnessing player discontent. Laporte, Bernie, Sterling, Cancelo, Sergio to a certain extent before leaving. The only difference between us and any other team is Pep.

Hypothetically, A lesser manager is moved on and the discontented players suddenly find form and start turning in world class performances citing a break down of relationship or the old chestnut of losing the dressing room. We witnessed it with Mancini and lost an FA cup.

So how do players react when they are in this situation with an immovable object in pep…play crap on the pitch and run down your contract.

City need to play a clever game and we tried by saying to players if you want to leave bring an acceptable offer to the table. As I say a unique situation and 1 we won’t see again once the boss leaves.

He wouldn’t go to Arsenal, and they couldn’t afford his wages. It would never happen but I’d take money & Hudson-Odoi off Chelsea for him.

I think he would, actually, especially if Arteta is still in a job by that point. Back to North London, still a big club (in stature if not current performance), and I reckon they'd bend over backwards to make him an offer

arsenal are known to pay over the odds in regards to wages. just look at ozil, willian and now xhaka. I don't think sterling would go there though without cl football.

So how do players react when they are in this situation with an immovable object in pep…play crap on the pitch and run down your contract.

City need to play a clever game and we tried by saying to players if you want to leave bring an acceptable offer to the table. As I say a unique situation and 1 we won’t see again once the boss leaves.

If he runs down his contract (quite likely IMO) he will still be motivated to be selected and play well even if he is pissed off with Pep and vice-versa. He will get selected as well if Pep deems fit.. Look at Garcia when he even said he was off.

It's pretty obvious he has the total trust of Southgate and he has justified that with his Euros performance and Hungary performance in the 1st WC qualifier. He has plenty in the bank with Southgate but he will still face stiff challenges ahead of the WC which is only 14/15 months away and he will be desperate to play in that and also go on to join the 100 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.