#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am keenly aware of Raheem Sterling's flaws, I've watched the lad play hundreds of times. He has probably the most unbalanced skillset of any elite player I can think of.

But his movement is better than anyone at the club, arguably as good as anyone in the world. We don't have anyone else who can do what he does, which is why Pep felt compelled to play him in the Champions League Final.

He is frustrating, inconsistent, honestly genuinely bewildering at times. And on current form in big games, he doesn't deserve to be starting. But I do think he's worth persevering with and I really hope he comes good, because when he's on song he gives us something that no one else does

This. I’m not seeing these missed chances from the others…. Why? Because they aren’t capable of making them. When he is benched We don’t see these chances fluffed.

I would rather see missed chances than no chances… eventually he will start putting some away again. It’s called confidence.

Used to be a real fan but deary me what has happened to him.

He needs a fresh start I think.

Certainly wouldn’t be giving him a new contract.

His was always erratic with his finishing, but it’s getting worse every week.

Thought he did decent. Unlucky his shot hit the post. Certainly seemed to grow in confidence as the game goes on.

Foden and Grealish have had the left side. He's a world class player when played to his strengths. We're just not doing so now.
He totally lacks ball control to be considered world class, no where near deserving of a starting spot at the moment. It's a shame as Raz had won over the bouncers a couple of years ago but he's regressed so much.

I don't understand that you don't see his flaws except short burst sprints.
Its called football for a reason, so surely you should be able to carry the ball with you, fast or not.
My bar isn't Phil Foden with a ball is it, or i'd argue Kevin.
But if you are saying 10 players in Peps footballing team have to be good with the ball, then there is an allowance for one who isn't cos he can sprint 10-20 yrds at bursts then thats fine and we should keep him at all costs.

Listen he had a decent game tonight but i don't think he will be playing vs Chelsea saturday just for the reasons iv stated.
That's what struck me last night, straight from the off the young players who came in were all comfortable on the ball. Not all will make it at City but they'll all earn a decent living from football. Raz is not too comfortable on the ball, it's a kind of awkward control in tight spaces.

Wouldn’t have him anywhere near the Liverpool game, he ever had a decent or even ok game against them with the crowd?
Totally true, last season with no hate mob he showed his worth and brilliance, he clearly let's the crowd get to him, sad , he should use the hate for motivation and bloody revenge.

I’m not one of those who has ever had a go or got on his back. However I think he should get a fresh start.

His energy, work rate, positional play, runs at the right time are all perfect.
It’s the basics he has issues with.

I just think now we have Foden playing at the level he is, plus we have many options in Sterling’s positions, we should perhaps cash in as his contract runs out soon anyway.

He does bring acceleration and superb runs which the others dont have but I just think leave on a high and thanks for the memories.

Some of the outcomes to his attacks are a tough watch at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.