#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of baffled coming into this thread & seeing so much positivity.

I thought he stuck out like a sore thumb, clearly a level of quality below most of our side tonight. Becomes glaringly obvious in a game like this with so much footballing ability on both sides.

Also felt like a lot of both our transitions and our slow build ups just kind of whimpered out when they arrived with Raz.

I love him, I really do. He was absolutely electric for 2/3 seasons and want nothing more than his return to form, but I’m not seeing it; not tonight, not at the weekend, not at all.

Moving on will be best for both imo. Let him rekindle his flame in Catalonia.
????????

I think Sterling will regain form in 2-3 months. His confidence is shot right now, but his movement is still good.

Posted this in September, hopefully I was right.

The important thing for me is that he worked hard in the last two games. That's a good basis for regaining form.

23 Champions League goals takes him to 3rd= in the top English goal scorers in the Champions League. Rooney tops it with 30.

He also has 15 CL assists and needs 3 more to go 1st= with Lampard for the English player with most assists.

Pretty good for someone who hasn't the technique to warrant playing in an elite competition. Maybe there's more to impacting games than having a silky touch eh?
-------------------------------

Watched the pre-match shooting practise again last night. For those who don't know, it is the last activity of the warm-up before they all come off and involves shooting at Ederson from 17-19 yards with a rolling ball.
Sterling was on fire and scored 7, hit the woodwork once and had 1 saved. He record was better than any other player and he was hitting it both sides so so sweetly.

Then he finished with 2 pathetic attempts, still on target but very easily saved by Eddie, that made him look he had never kicked a ball before.

Where the fuck that skied one comes from that we saw last night god only knows...

Where the fuck that skied one comes from that we saw last night god only knows...

I mean...this just happens every week, almost every match at the top level.

If you want to put the ball past a top goalkeeper from 20+ yards you need to hit it so hard that if you get it slightly wrong it goes miles off target. Not just that, but you're doing it after trying to beat 1 or 2 top level defenders or get the shot away before being closed down half a second later.

Rodri scored a beauty on Sunday, yesterday he hit one from the same spot 20 yards wide. Mahrez does it plenty as well.

Am I arsed if he’s ‘technically good’? Am I fuck! Scored the equaliser, that’s what he’s there for. Unless some of you would prefer a more technically proficient but less productive winger, because we’ve had our share of those over the years.

23 Champions League goals takes him to 3rd= in the top English goal scorers in the Champions League. Rooney tops it with 30.

He also has 15 CL assists and needs 3 more to go 1st= with Lampard for the English player with most assists.

Pretty good for someone who hasn't the technique to warrant playing in an elite competition. Maybe there's more to impacting games than having a silky touch eh?
-------------------------------

Watched the pre-match shooting practise again last night. For those who don't know, it is the last activity of the warm-up before they all come off and involves shooting at Ederson from 17-19 yards with a rolling ball.
Sterling was on fire and scored 7, hit the woodwork once and had 1 saved. He record was better than any other player and he was hitting it both sides so so sweetly.

Then he finished with 2 pathetic attempts, still on target but very easily saved by Eddie, that made him look he had never kicked a ball before.

Don’t players send shots into the stands every single game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.