#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring nothing to the table with your weird utterings and feeble attempts to accuse any Sterling critic as a racist.
He has got a weird section of of our fanbase unwilling to give him credit but they’re just not very bright rather than racist.
Suggest you get back in your box. You haven’t been missed.

I mean, big parts of the media treatment of Sterling are definitely racially charged (negative articles about him buying a house for his mum, criticism for things like the gun tattoo, the assault charge he was cleared of), and he's been treated by the media in ways that we wouldn't see against a white player. And the way the media depicts Sterling has absolutely played a part in the way quite a lot of our fans view him (lazy, arrogant, greedy etc.)

It's not the same as saying that City fans hate him because he's black but his race is certainly a reason why the media is constantly on his back and I'm confident that feeds into the way a lot of fans, including our own, see him.

Then you would be wrong in your thinking. I can and do appreciate the contribution to the team, but I can also not rate him as a top player.

For me, he has poor touch, control and decision making evidenced in most games he plays . He is the epitome of Jeckyll and Hyde in that you never know at any moment in a game which one is getting the ball or opportunity.

Furthermore, he is already up there as one of our highest earners and reputedly, wants compatibility with the top, and frankly, imo, he doesn't justify that.

It's good that he is improving with his contributions once again, but for what I say above, I don't rate him as highly as others.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Raheem plays better when he makes things simple, like knocking the ball past the fullback and pulling the ball back on the floor, like the other night in the first half, he looked like City’s most affective player. Where he gets into trouble is when he takes too many touches and gets the ball stuck between his feet. Technically he isn’t the best so he needs to use his attributes, like his pace and movement to add another dimension to this City side.

Raheem plays better when he makes things simple, like knocking the ball past the fullback and pulling the ball back on the floor, like the other night in the first half, he looked like City’s most affective player. Where he gets into trouble is when he takes too many touches and gets the ball stuck between his feet. Technically he isn’t the best so he needs to use his attributes, like his pace and movement to add another dimension to this City side.
Yes back to basics is the way forward for him

he may of improved, but look at him v bernardo when 1v1 at the edge of the box, maybe a confidence thing, his movement is incredible but his execution is very poor, there is an improvement but there is still alot more improving to do,

and please read my comments of raheem ,i'm not racist and i have supported him all the way through. he needs to carry on with this form and still up it.

It does read like some of our fans would prefer a player with immaculate technique who almost never scores goals over one who has poor technique, scores some and misses some. I can't say I understand why.

Does it really matter if his technique's not great as long as he's scoring?

It does read like some of our fans would prefer a player with immaculate technique who almost never scores goals over one who has poor technique, scores some and misses some. I can't say I understand why.

Does it really matter if his technique's not great as long as he's scoring?
Decision-making in front of goal could be better but who is perfect?

You bring nothing to the table with your weird utterings and feeble attempts to accuse any Sterling critic as a racist.
He has got a weird section of of our fanbase unwilling to give him credit but they’re just not very bright rather than racist.

I would rather not sit at your table sir. And I have a right to my opinion as much as everyone else.

You do not have a monopoly on who can and cannot comment based on what they see. Fortunately the days of you giving orders we had to obey are long behind us.

I for one am glad your dislike irks you so. Raheem and myself are not going anywhere no matter how much you protest.

Without firm evidence that we, either as a club or a fanbase, are racist, please leave unfounded allegations of racism out of this. Also, let's keep the Brexit digs in the political forum, where they belong.

I will speak my mind and how I feel based on what I see. My thoughts and opinions will not be silenced simply because they make you and others uncomfortable. But nice attempt to make it seem I called the entire club and fanbase racist. When I was speaking on a select few who most definitely are.

You have no authority to tell me when I should see or feel prejudice. Even Raheem and many others have spoken about the unjust treatment he receives for obvious reasons.

I mean, big parts of the media treatment of Sterling are definitely racially charged (negative articles about him buying a house for his mum, criticism for things like the gun tattoo, the assault charge he was cleared of), and he's been treated by the media in ways that we wouldn't see against a white player. And the way the media depicts Sterling has absolutely played a part in the way quite a lot of our fans view him (lazy, arrogant, greedy etc.)

It's not the same as saying that City fans hate him because he's black but his race is certainly a reason why the media is constantly on his back and I'm confident that feeds into the way a lot of fans, including our own, see him.
Thank you sir keep feeding them that bitter pill they refuse to swallow.

Do not let them silence you because you speak your truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.