#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people watched that 120 minutes of football and decided that they should pile abuse on the guy who came on at 3-1 down against a team of 10 players all defending. Got it

His pace is a myth. He is fast in a straight line without a football. That’s why his movement off the ball is so good. Put a ball at his feet and he is no faster than Gundogan.
Guessing you just didn’t watch the Leeds game at the weekend then?

he was still wank when he came on....cant be blamed for loss though.
personally i wouldnt have even brought him on.
next game he should play is when he comes on when we are 4 0 up on sunday
I didn't say he played well when he can on but nobody did in extra time. He came on once the game was pretty much gone.
Our heads had gone down at that point.
Madrid showed us how to kill a game off with their play acting & we didn't get a chance in the second half of extra time as they were all rolling around on the floor & the ref only added 3 minutes on.
It didn't help that we took our best & most likely to get a goal attackers off with Mahrez, Jesus & De Bruyne (probably injured) to protect our lead.
We aren't a team set up to protect a lead we nearly came unstuck against Atletico doing the same. If we had of just played our normal game we would have won easily!

He ws dreadful when he came on but there's no blame attached to him at all. Personally thought he should have come on earlier if he comes on for jesus instead of Grealish there's an easy pass through a wide open defence constantly on, I know we wouldn't back him 1v1 but it was a better option than Grealish imo. Bringing him on when they've got the lead was never going to yield anything.

So people watched that 120 minutes of football and decided that they should pile abuse on the guy who came on at 3-1 down against a team of 10 players all defending. Got it
The problem with Sterling: he did absolutely nothing to lose the game. It’s foolish to blame him for the loss.

But equally? He did absolutely nothing to win the game. And I’d rather take his sell on value and his wages and put them towards a player who would.

Thank you for his service, give him a lifetime pass to the Etihad, and move him along in the summer for as much as we possibly can get.

There was a time I agreed with you but after 2 years of post Lyon miss.. He's just not the same player.

I used to root for him.. but he's not our top threat anymore.

And you have to ask yourself if he's really worth paying more than 300k per week for a renewal or we should get different options.

I'm sure he'll smash it somewhere else but he's had 2 years to recapture the earlier form and clearly hasn't. Foden has the clear inside track to being our left winger and Mahrez is ahead of him at right wing at the moment with Cole Palmer on the way.

So where does he fit?

Think it’s best for him and city to part ways, he’s a player who you all want more from but he is always the scapegoat when things go wrong.

I also think change of scene would be great for him.there is still a good player in there, but no way he can regain his regular first 11 place here plying like this and he is clearly not enjoying Pep's confidence as much as before, and he kind of needs that to perform at a high level.

thing is we need to replace him tho, because Sterling is 10 times more prolific than Grealish even with all the big missed chances.

to tie him down to a new contract now, in this form he has, i dont even think he wants to renew, this whole negotiation is supposedly going on in last 18-24 months isnt it?
what would take so long if both sides want the same thing really...

to me it looks like he is planning to run it down and do what Rudiger, Messi, Mbappe, Alaba etc doing, negotiate a huge signing on fee due to zero transfer fee.

i would try to push him out now and get a fee for him if we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.