737-8 max plane goes down (2018) - new not Max crash Indonesia

Proy

In Indonesia

Just shows, after Saturday, you never know when your time is up.

This plane isn’t even 4 months old. A brand new max aircraft and huge kick in the bollox for boeing this. Their latest type of aircraft that has barely seen service for a year across the carriers.

Crashed in the sea. Total loss of life.

RIP to those gone.

The age of the aircraft surprised me. I automatically, maybe snobbily assumed it would be a tired, overused plane.

Boeing will be having kittens. A sad loss of life.

R.I.P

Very few things scare me more than the thought of going down in a plane. You are helpless, nothing you can do will effect anything now, everything you are and can be is totally dependent on luck and maybe pilot skill.

Doesn't matter how old the aircraft is if it's not maintained properly.

I'm not pre-judging the cause but that airline was banned from Europe until recently due to poor practices. If I was an investigator I would be looking very closely at their maintenance regime, but I'm sure they won't need telling.

Doesn't matter how old the aircraft is if it's not maintained properly.

I'm not pre-judging the cause but that airline was banned from Europe until recently due to poor practices. If I was an investigator I would be looking very closely at their maintenance regime, but I'm sure they won't need telling.

Yep. The safety records in the far east are sketchy at best.

This aircraft was reporting technical faults only the day before, but was put back in the sky.

Not jumping to conclusions but I would suggest this is poor maintenance not the aircraft itself.

Condolences to those that are lost and impacted by this. Including those who genuinely made honest mistakes and miscalculations leading to this outcome. Puts my job’s unplanned outcomes into perspective.

(Of course if someone is guilty of negligence then they should be severely punished)

Think I was on a 737-8 on Saturday. Before take-off the pilot said we had a slight delay due to a minor engine control issues and we'd be ready to take off in 15 mins... I think issues with planes are quite common. It's just like the above person said, strict maintenance is needed to ensure none of the issues occur in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.