8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
@asahartford1 and @FantasyIreland

If, for some unknown reason, you can't put each other on ignore, please take your discussion/disagreement/argument/spat to pms.

And no, I'm not bothered who started it. Thank you.

Well I didn't think think Stones, Gundoghan, Bernado , Rodri etc Al should be sold because they were not good enough, and I'm not bothered either.

Thank you.

Well I didn't think think Stones, Gundoghan, Bernado , Rodri etc Al should be sold because they were not good enough, and I'm not bothered either.

Thank you.
You're perfectly entitled to your views. Which I would tend to agree with. What you're not entitled to do, is carry on a prolonged exchange with another poster. Check out the rules...

Screenshot_20220819-201213_Chrome.jpg

this is literally true I reckon... i love Yaya, and he's absolutely one of our most talented players ever, but i swear most blues have their blue-tinged specs on and think Yaya was like that 13/14 season for us all of the time. He only really did that once IMO. One insane season, two excellent seasons and the rest just alright tbh. He just had a big habit of big moments, which sorta masked a lot of indifferent spells.
I really do think you need to reassess your opinion of Yaya Toure and his influence on City's midfield..

Possibly the best value signing in PL history. Yes, others like Mahrez, Kante (both Leicester transfers) Spring to mind, but they were surprises and developed into world class players. Gundogan was already one of the elite midfielders in the world and had been for a number of seasons and has actually gone up a level since we brought him. Over the last decade he’s been a worldwide top 5/6 performer in hIs position and we paid absolute peanuts for an established world class player entering his prime. Just look at how much he has won and how influential he has been!

And to think in the early days some on here thought he wasn’t good enough.. just lol.

If Liverpool had taken a punt on Ilkay at the start of the Klopp era, I reckon he'd have started the vast majority of their league games and played as a goalscoring box-to-box midfielder (his best role, IMO) for most of that time. Without meaning to get all It's a Wonderful Life we could conceivably have two or even three fewer titles if we hadn't signed him. With that in mind he goes down as Pep's first great decision in England and probably a top five signing of the Txiki era.

He was bordering on being a liability in many games,his fitness,confidence and inability to get around the pitch were a real issue for us as the opposition just ran past him.

The turnaround has been nothing short of amazing,as i have stated at every opportunity since.He has proved to have a strength of character,a will to win,and an ability to inspire that i didnt believe he had in him anymore and that i was wrong to write off.

I would have him in every one my 'best' 11's.
Fair enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.