8 years ago today

Millwallawayveteran1988

The hottest October day ever I think.

Blackburn away 4-0 win. Mario and Johnson on the scoresheet with Nasri and Savic. All goals in 2nd half at our end.

Top day out!

Who was there and who survived being oven cooked on the top tier?

Was only telling this to people the other day after they commented on how good the late September weather was !! Probably in the top-tier too but I honestly can't remember

And we all thought Savic was the future at CB that day

The hottest October day ever I think.

Blackburn away 4-0 win. Mario and Johnson on the scoresheet with Nasri and Savic. All goals in 2nd half at our end.

Top day out!

Who was there and who survived being oven cooked on the top tier?

I was there top day out although doing the Poznan in that heat under that tin roof nearly killed me!

9 years, in fact! Was 2011, I think.

I recall thinking after the game that we looked a proper, title challenging side for sure. They were stubborn, and we hadn't always got results there, but we wore them down with some real quality.

As for the Savic comments, I still maintain that he was/is a quality player who we let go too soon. Made a few mistakes that were really amplified by the media, which must have killed his confidence and also people's confidence in him. No way would they have gone after a young English player, or indeed a young player at any of the Sky 4, like they did on Savic. I remember him playing a blinder against Rooney in an Euro qualifier, and he had a great game at home against Bayern Munich in the CL that year. He proved himself at Atlético Madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.