8 years ago today.

Dzeko was a blue from the day he signed and remains so. Even in 2019 in a FourFourTwo interview he said the following...

“Beating United with Alex Ferguson, one of the greatest managers in history, was a special moment for us and the fans, and it gave us an even more special relationship because they loved us more. United always had that flag which counted the years City were without a title, making fun of our fans. After the 6-1 they were quiet!”

To my mind, even more important than QPR was his equaliser the season before away at Notts County in the FA Cup. 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go. The cup win that year got a monkey off our backs and tore that fucking banner at the swamp down. Without that cup win, I’m. It sure we win the title the following season.

But I still don’t get why Mancini benched him the game after he scored 4 away at Spurs
Ah yes that 5-1 spurs win, brilliant performance that day. Barry was immense if I remember rightly.

Last edited:
Dzeko was such an absolute beast for us. The QPR goal is so underrated but even more so is his 10 match or so streak in the 13/14 title win when Kun was injured and he stepped up and did the business. That Everton game where he scored the insane header at Goodison and then milked being injured, knowing they were a bogey team. Fucking class.

I remember Mourinho saying at the time that Dzeko should have won player of the season.

I remember the Yaya -Kolo song was just getting going and we were all singing it at full time. The baggie fans were all standing watching us, shaking their heads., wondering what the f××k was going on. But also in the side stand to the right of where we were there was a girls team , on tour ,I think from Europe, they were even more enthusiastic than we were. What a day.
Funny how some of the more ,how can I put it, mundane trips can turn into highlights of a season

I remember this game for Natalie Pike tumbling down the rows after the Dzeko winner and nearly into my arms...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.