80:46 - the new 93:20 ?

CtidBlueMooner

Now the dust has settled and the blood pressure has returned to near normal levels, I wonder if 80:46 will be cherished and revered in the same way as that iconic moment 10 years ago ? Sure they'll be a few mobile screen locks, PIN numbers etc updated. Tyler said "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again". Well, we did so watch it, drink it in.

Attachments

• 20220612_101528_resized.jpg
    20220612_101528_resized.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm still trying to work out, not how Mr Whippy tapped it over the line, but how Kev got the ball to him. Was it just fortuitous or was it 'eye of a needle' pass!
Both. I will never scream at Kevin again when he tries something outrageous and loses the ball. Well not for the first ten minutes of the first game of the season anyway.

Now the dust has settled and the blood pressure has returned to near normal levels, I wonder if 80:46 will be cherished and revered in the same way as that iconic moment 10 years ago ? Sure they'll be a few mobile screen locks, PIN numbers etc updated. Tyler said "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again". Well, we did so watch it, drink it in.
It’ll be a better PIN number than 93:20 as it won’t take off in the same way. It’s not as nice a number and it left us 15 minutes of not conceding a goal.

It might be remembered for the 5-6 minutes to score 3 goals rather than the exact time of the winning goal.

It’ll be a better PIN number than 93:20 as it won’t take off in the same way. It’s not as nice a number and it left us 15 minutes of not conceding a goal.

It might be remembered for the 5-6 minutes to score 3 goals rather than the exact time of the winning goal.
Helluva long time! I remember Anelka scoring in a game early on and thinking we've got a mammoth amount in which to hang on. The first thought in my head, repeated on 80:46, when Aguero scored was 'FFS don't let another in!"

93:20 was the greatest moment the Premier League has ever seen. You have to ask yourself if there is any scenario which could be regarded as greater than the last kick of the last game to snatch the title from your bitter rivals.

The Villa game was incredible, but when Gundog got the first we still had 20 minutes to score twice, at home, against an average side, who were getting tired. Still an astonishing achievement, typical City, and the icing on the cake was that it stop the 'quad squad' in their tracks, but iin my opinion it's not quite up there with 93:20.

Last edited:
93:20 was the greatest moment the Premier League has ever seen. You have to ask yourself if there is any scenario which could be regarded as greater than the last kick of the last game to snatch the title from your bitter rivals.

The Villa game was incredible, but when Gundog got the first we still had 20 minutes to score twice, at home, against an average side, who were getting tired. Still an astonishing achievement, typical City, and the icing on the cake was that it stop the 'quad squad' in their tracks, but iin my opinion t's not quite up there with 93:20.
Plus it was beating the great unwashed from Trafford lead by a Pisscan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.