80:46 - the new 93:20 ?

It’ll be a better PIN number than 93:20 as it won’t take off in the same way. It’s not as nice a number and it left us 15 minutes of not conceding a goal.

It might be remembered for the 5-6 minutes to score 3 goals rather than the exact time of the winning goal.

There was no chance of Villa scoring again. That third goal knocked all the fight out of them

I expected to go on and maybe score a 4th and even a 5th

Now the dust has settled and the blood pressure has returned to near normal levels, I wonder if 80:46 will be cherished and revered in the same way as that iconic moment 10 years ago ? Sure they'll be a few mobile screen locks, PIN numbers etc updated. Tyler said "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again". Well, we did so watch it, drink it in.

I call it the 5:36

Both. I will never scream at Kevin again when he tries something outrageous and loses the ball. Well not for the first ten minutes of the first game of the season anyway.
Crossing a football brilliantly well, like our Kev does, is very similar to a top class seam bowler, they put the ball into great areas . As Boycott said " put it in the corridor of uncertainty".

Now the dust has settled and the blood pressure has returned to near normal levels, I wonder if 80:46 will be cherished and revered in the same way as that iconic moment 10 years ago ? Sure they'll be a few mobile screen locks, PIN numbers etc updated. Tyler said "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again". Well, we did so watch it, drink it in.
It should be cherished, but not quite as much.
It was a very wierd game.
I cherish the fact that most of Villa's chances fell to Watkins rather than Coutinho, otherwise we could have been 4-0 before we scored, and it should have been game-over for Villa.

Freaks me out still watching him put it in the net with the outside of his foot

Coolness personified. No panicking, no snatching at it, no trying to smash it on, all he had to do was make contact and it was a goal and that's what he did. He also said in interview he was trying to time his run so he was onside when he arrived, a true professional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.