80:46 - the new 93:20 ?

There was no chance of Villa scoring again. That third goal knocked all the fight out of them

I expected to go on and maybe score a 4th and even a 5th

If you look at those fifteen minutes again, just after we scored our third, Zinchenko played a weak pass back to Ederson that was almost intercepted. I was livid in that moment as I thought we'd fucked it. I think we would have scored again though if needed. We'd suddenly remembered who we were and Villa were put right back into their fucking box. It helped that Gerrard had taken off Coutinho as well.

As I said ealier, it isn't quite up there with 93:20, but beating Villa was a huge factor in the Dippers losing the CL Final. Had they been on for the Quadruple I think they would have been fired up enough to do it.

There is a strong case to be made that in a majestic 336 seconds of football we changed the Dippers season from one which would have made football history, something we would never, ever, have stopped hearing about, into a season in which they won just two minor trophies.

Two minor trophies I would add in which their fans never even got to cheer a single goal.

Last edited:
As I said ealier, it isn't quite up there with 93:20, but beating Villa was a huge factor in the Dippers losing the CL Final. Had they been on for the Quadruple I think they would have been fired up enough to do it.

There is a strong case to be made that in a 336 seconds of football we changed the Dippers season from one which would have made football history, something we would never, ever, have stopped hearing about, into a season in which they won just two minor trophies.

Two minor trophies I would add in which their fans never even got to cheer a single goal.
They didn't win them.... they were awarded them on what is effectively the football version of a toss of a coin

While the events of 22/5/22 will always have their iconic place in the history of Manchester City, they will never top, or even come close to, 93:20.

I can’t imagine any way that 80:46 will become as well known as Agüeroooooooooo!

I'm still trying to work out, not how Mr Whippy tapped it over the line, but how Kev got the ball to him. Was it just fortuitous or was it 'eye of a needle' pass!
I have watched it back many times like you do and it was either incredible vision and a pin-point eye-of-the-needle pass OR a hit and hope , get it in the mixer type pass OR maybe even a mis-hit shot on goal! But maybe because it was KDB I think I have decided it was the former. I think only King Kev knows and it will be interesting if put to him.

That's exactly what it should be - the 76' to 81'. I didn't catch my breath in the ground. I have watched it over and over again and still can't believe we done it.

Me neither because we were well.off the pace. At 1-0 you think there's a chance, but 2-0 with 15 minutes left and not playing well you fear it's gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.