80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another of these elegant but spindly midfielders. The modern game requires muscle and lung power.

tumblr_lykll0NOpN1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Every time he's been involved with the first team he's looked quality.

Already played more games than last year. Could easily get to 15 games this season.

Scored a cracker for the U21’s a week or so ago… the lad is doing very well.

You know Palmer much better than I do- do you see him playing as a #8 full time or is his position further forward?

I still think he'll end up as a right winger as he basically just *is* Mahrez when he's out there, but I quite like Pep's insistence on playing him as a midfielder right now. Must be good for his development. I can assume the thought process is that he doesn't need to learn how to beat people and score goals from the right, cos he's already good at that, but what he does need to learn is the physicality of this game and how to affect the game in a more considered way. Sorta like the reverse approach for Foden I guess where he was a midfielder, but they put him out on the wing to grow a bit and learn to affect the game in his own way, before hopefully now bringing that confidence back into midfield.

I still think he'll end up as a right winger as he basically just *is* Mahrez when he's out there, but I quite like Pep's insistence on playing him as a midfielder right now. Must be good for his development. I can assume the thought process is that he doesn't need to learn how to beat people and score goals from the right, cos he's already good at that, but what he does need to learn is the physicality of this game and how to affect the game in a more considered way. Sorta like the reverse approach for Foden I guess where he was a midfielder, but they put him out on the wing to grow a bit and learn to affect the game in his own way, before hopefully now bringing that confidence back into midfield.
The Mahrez comparison is spot on and the fact he's learning from him is class.

Physically I can see Cole becoming a big, athletic player. He had a skinny frame following a huge growth spurt a few years ago, but you can already see he's starting to fill out. He's about 6ft 2 or 3 and could develop a physique like Ronaldo did at 21.

If he has that to complement his exceptional technical ability he'll be a hell of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.