800 fans to Napoli?

borassic said:
stony said:
The op on that rag thread is a snot gobbling bastard. Hoping football fans get hurt just because they are rivals is fucking low.

M18CTID said:
OP on that thread is an 18/19 year-old wannabe hooligan and one of the biggest cunts on that site. The twat got all giddy last year when the graffiti appeared on Mary D's wall prior to the home derby and started a thread gloating about it, only to end up getting ridiculed by some other posters on that site. Personally, I couldn't give 2 shits about the graffiti itself - in fact, it could be argued it was an improvement for that dump - but the sight of someone creaming their pants over it was rather amusing.

Not hard to do a little bit of research and find the gimp is from Twickenham, what a complete and utter embarrassment those lot on that site actually are. Have you seen the state of him aswell, Twickenham hahahaha. Facebook profile for Utd Heap:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684471985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684471985</a>

Seriously, is that him? FFS lol! Dunno why, but I had the impression that although a wannabe hoolie, he could back himself up a little at least and that he was local - sure he mentioned on one of his posts that his grandad is a blue. Not that we don't have any out of town fans ourselves of course.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 pm --<br /><br />
BillyMC said:
M18CTID said:
BillyMC said:
Give over pal...its a shit turnout..we took 1500 to Juve last year in december. Lets face it a lot have bottled it.

Bit out of order that. If people want to "bottle it" as you put it, that's up to them. Some of us value our own safety above a football match, even one as important as this (that's not to knock those that are going over of course - fair play to everyone that is). I know plenty of people that are more than capable of looking after themselves that have body-swerved this game because they consider it not being worth the hassle. I decided to do Juve last year because I canvassed advice from various quarters and the general opinion was that compared to the likes of Roma and Napoli, Juventus away is a relatively "safe" fixture and so it proved.

When I go to away matches both over here and in Europe, I want to relax and enjoy myself - staying sober and constantly looking over your shoulder doesn't constitute enjoyment in my book. I know reds who aren't exactly shrinking violets who were at Galatasaray in 1993 and Roma in 2007 and they didn't rate either trip as being a particularly pleasurable experience.

Having said all that, nobody will be more delighted than me if the match passes off without incident.

Fair comment.Im fairly positive that Spikes and the TC trip will pass off without to many major incidents. If people follow the advice given they should be fine.Id class Kiev as a dodgier place overall and we emerged unscathed from there. Personally i wouldnt miss this
one for anything.Just hope Im not on here on Wednesday with people saying i told you so!

I know you're a decent poster and you weren't genuinely bagging on those that have given this one a miss. For me, I could only afford to do one of the group games and Munich seemed far more attractive going off my previous trips to Germany.

The organised trip and Spike's will probably be fine as long as people don't stray off the beaten track and the promise of buses back to the port area after the game are kept. It's the independent travellers that will have to be wary - I know a couple of people that are doing this off their own steam and I'm hoping they follow the same advice when they get to Naples.

Anyone giving it the "I told you so" if there are problems will be as bad as those numpties on Red Cafe wishing injury on our fans.

dom12345 said:
They really are idiots, no proof, back up, all just assuming according to 1 poster. Some see sense, some still feeling the pain of THAT game, sad bunch.

The proof is that City wrote to every fan who has bought a ticket for this game about safety and the club confirmed it was 'around 800' people.

The MEN reported that yesterday.

-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 pm --

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
johnmc said:
Is that right though about 800?

NO!!!!
It is 800 who are travelling on official club travel.
Over 3000 tickets have been sold, mostly to fans travelling independantly from the club.

But the rags wont let the truth get in the way of an ill informed post....

Thomas Cook Sport have sold just over 200 packages.

-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:58 pm --

antculmcfc said:
classic post, surely them idiots know how dangerous italy is after what happened to them in Rome, 'you'll do as youre told.......'

Italy isn't any more dangerous than, say Kiev, Moscow or Istanbul or Bursa, where United have played in the last few years.

It's more about how you behave when you get there:

If you don't wear colours and don't sing songs in the town-square fountain at 3pm, you'll be fine.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:59 pm --<br /><br />
failsworthblueboy said:
We have enough idiots on here without taking any notice of their idiots.

Any red with his salt will tell you that Redcafe is the shittest forum in the history of the world.

Italy isn't any more dangerous than, say Kiev, Moscow or Istanbul or Bursa, where United have played in the last few years.

It's more about how you behave when you get there:

If you don't wear colours and don't sing songs in the town-square fountain at 3pm, you'll be fine.

Very true what you say mate.

M35 Blue said:
If any of them on there went to Rome or Istanbul etc following their team then fair enough.

For the ones that ain't, shut the fuck up you hypocritical twats

I have.

Rome was a cakewalk compared with Kiev.

We always hear about the horror stories of Rome and Istanbul but, in reality, they are fine...just the media blowing it all up.

In all honestly, some of the most dangerous places to go are in France because the police treat you like cattle.

vitty said:
M35 Blue said:
If any of them on there went to Rome or Istanbul etc following their team then fair enough.

For the ones that ain't, shut the fuck up you hypocritical twats

I have.

Rome was a cakewalk compared with Kiev.

We always hear about the horror stories of Rome and Istanbul but, in reality, they are fine...just the media blowing it all up.

In all honestly, some of the most dangerous places to go are in France because the police treat you like cattle.

Fair enough if you do face the situations first hand and can speak from experience. Little tossers who never leave these shores slagging others off that fucks me off.

Heard your lot had some mither in Kiev. I went this year with City and had a ball - not a hint of trouble!

Lads you are well aware of Napoli now. Forewarned is forearmed. Liverpool and Bayern fans got caught in the wrong place. You know the ropes so you'll be OK. On the plane train etc...chat with fellow fans to make sure they are all aware of the areas to avoid...education and common sense is all it takes...be street savvy.
Darkness and isolation is your enemy. Even Garibaldi will be safe in daylight. FFS dont stay down the port all day you'll go off your heads...at least wander Via Toledo and Piazza Plebiscito...otherwise whats the point.

I'm flying in tomorrow morning to take in the Lazio game at night time. I'm meeting an Ultra from the Spanish Quarters who is taking an English lad to Curva A. I'd advised the Lad to go in the distinti for his 1st game but he chose Curva A. He'll be in good hands.

Those that heed all the advice that has been given to you should be alright. If you roll out of a bar at 2am pissed and legless on your own...yes a good chance u will get robbbed.

If you were from Turin, Milan, or Rome then yes the WHOLE city would be looking for you. But you are not Northern Italians so it will be a distinct minority of fans that are brain dead that you will have to avoid. Follow all the guidelines and everything will be ok. I'll say this again....The stewards are great, the police are great....they are not like roman police who do the work of their ultras. In Napoli the police crack the heads of Napoli ultras and not visitors.

For those that are going you are in for a real unforgettable treat...especially if the game is poised either way for 90 minutes. Noise and colour...and real fans..like you boys who have supported shit for years on end...not like the plastics of United, Inter, Milan and Juve....

These Napoli boys love their club and it is a vehicle to express their different identity to the rest of Italy...It's a poor club and the Ultras pay for all the shows that you see...nothing is provided by the club like what you see at the grounds in Northern italy...This is the true Ultra code of which they are proud

Look at this vid of the the group EAM 1979 part of the Fedayn from Curva B. This is a celebration including exchanginging flags with fans from Genoa with whom they have a Gemellagio (twinning)

Estranei Alla Massa = Not of the masses
Look at the maestros near the end of the film stood on the parapet wall....Health and Safety..they never heard of it!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfIvc4wFQ64[/youtube]

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
johnmc said:
Is that right though about 800?

NO!!!!
It is 800 who are travelling on official club travel.
Over 3000 tickets have been sold, mostly to fans travelling independantly from the club.

But the rags wont let the truth get in the way of an ill informed post....

You are defo ill informed.
Agree with Billy a fair few have been put off going to this one.
I think 800 turnout for a big, big euro game is poor...this was the cheapest one to get to as well out of the 3.
I was expecting 1200-1400 blues there...the away end holds 2800.
No worries though, whether there's 50 or 5000 as always those there will do the team proud (if not too psissed to sing lol!!).
Come on City!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.