80s City songs

We're not really here

Flicking through the radio in the car yesterday Absolute 80s played 'Give it up' KC and the sunshine band, followed by 'The only way is up' by Yazz and then 'Karma Chameleon' by Culture Club. After singing along with our version and wondering if the DJ was a City fan I hoped 'Antmusic' would be next but he let me down.
Anyway it got me thinking can anyone remember any other cheesy hits that were turned into memorable songs courtesy of The Kippax? I must have missed some.

I
Flicking through the radio in the car yesterday Absolute 80s played 'Give it up' KC and the sunshine band, followed by 'The only way is up' by Yazz and then 'Karma Chameleon' by Culture Club. After singing along with our version and wondering if the DJ was a City fan I hoped 'Antmusic' would be next but he let me down.
Anyway it got me thinking can anyone remember any other cheesy hits that were turned into memorable songs courtesy of The Kippax? I must have missed some.

I remember 'billy mack when are we going back' in the second division under MacNeil

Oh dear God! I can only hope my memory deliberately blocked that one out! Truly awful. You know the worst City players threads? Surely this would top the worst song list!
Always remember the karma chameleon one,we'd just been battered at Newcastle 5-0 and at the final whistle it came on and what did a our superb fans do,only started singing it hahaha it was naughty that day Newcastle fans got a a right kicking after the game think it was 83-4 season.

Last edited:
I always remember singing 'sign on sign on with hope in your heart and you'll never get a job...you'll never get a job...sign on..sign on....' to the scouser.
Another one I remember was ' you're going home in a fuckin ambulance' to every set of away fans who came to maine road.
'He's only a poor little scouser, his clothes are all tattered and torn. He made me feel sick so I hit him with a brick and now he don't sing anymore'...was sung quite often, somehow it might not go down well in the pc world of today.
Also '10 men went to mo .....' I used to love singing, the full 10 men to 1 man got sung complete with '...and his supersonic sausage dog with rubber jonnys on his knob' in the chorus.
We used to sing 'let's all have a disco' and go fuckin mental and bounce around much like a moshpit.
Fuckinell and today we get told to sit down if we stand up in our seat!!!
We really need to bring standing back.

Still can't listen to those songs without singing our lyrics instead. I was at a funeral and a hymn we'd butchered was played and all I can do is think of the City version!

Ok.....sixties I know but.........Paddy has a barrow in the market place, Denis is a singer in a band, Georgie stays at home and does his pretty face and in the evening nobby takes him by the hand. Oblay de oblay da City are the Champions. and if you want some goals........sing Colin Bells the King...........May have got some names back to front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.