80's Music

moggymoz

Maybe cos it was the era that I left school (84) but even to this day, it was the best music ever ...

And one of my personal favourites

So all the people I know both close and not say “oh yeh I know Andy - played football and cricket, supports Man City and loves 80’s music”. I bloody love it. Best decade of music BY FAR ;)

Worst music decade since the forties, absolute pap.
Apart from some of my favourite bands came to the fore, but they did start earlier.

Fucking hell. A decade that gave us Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Talk Talk, Blancmange, Tears for Fears etc etc cannot be called "absolute pap".

It got pap later on with the Americanisation of the charts, crappy ballards and SAW but from 80-85...what a time.

Especially if you liked the synth stuff.

The decade the music died....well at least if you listen to those that played instruments.... I demand you can play 7 nation Army...now!!! 1 min mate ive, got that here on me synth

Fucking hell. A decade that gave us Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Talk Talk, Blancmange, Tears for Fears etc etc cannot be called "absolute pap".

It got pap later on with the Americanisation of the charts, crappy ballards and SAW but from 80-85...what a time.

Especially if you liked the synth stuff.
When will people realise that whatever decade they grew up with was their own favourite.... (I personally love the 60's)
There is no BEST. There is no Richter scale of musical greatness.

The 80's best selling album was Brothers In Arms and that was a gem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.