9/11: Inside the President’s War Room - BBC / Apple TV+ Documentary

Johnny Mars Bar

Team supported
St. Mark’s
I watched this on iPlayer last night. Very harrowing stuff and an extensive and rare interview with George W Bush.

Like many people, I chalked him off as a bit of a clown but the decisions he had to make that day I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Fascinating to hear from people on the inside, including secret service agents and the pilot of Air Force One.

A very sobering watch and a brilliantly put together film I thought.

Anyone else watched it?

Yes I saw that too, took me a while to recognise Bush. He came across as quite articulate unlike when in power when he seemed a bit gormless.

Watched it a couple of days ago. Absolutely riveting TV. So well made. Like you say, the decisions they had to make in real time were horrendous for anyone. Air Force One pilot taking no shit and blocking anyone coming near the cockpit was great. No fucking about. Don’t care who you are. May have to watch again soon it was that good.

That scene of Dubya proudly swatting a fly dead on the presidential desk before addressing the nation live on TV, tickled me.

Last edited:
Watched it a couple of days ago. Absolutely riveting TV. So well made. Like you say, the decisions they had to make in real time were horrendous for anyone. Air Force One pilot taking no shit and blocking anyone coming near the cockpit was great. No fucking about. Don’t care who you are. May have to watch again soon it was that good.

I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet but the situation that led to that decision being made was crazy. And perhaps something that wouldn’t happen nowadays with modern communications.

I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet but the situation that led to that decision being made was crazy. And perhaps something that wouldn’t happen nowadays with modern communications.
Definitely operating with restricted info due to the times. Something I’d never even considered. Tech has moved on at an incredible rate.

Compare the leadership qualities of Bush to our clown Boris. Worlds apart.

I know who I’d want at a time of crisis and it isn’t the scruffy bog brush.

Bush’s address to the first responders “I hear you, and the people who did this will hear from all of us soon” was exactly what was needed at the time.

I've just put this on. Finished the Netflix one yesterday.

20 years later the images still stun me to the point of disbelief.

Only just noticed there’s a Netflix series on the topic. Seems like it focuses on the aftermath?

I’m going camping tonight so I’ll download a couple of episodes to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.