9/11 - Where were you?

Benarbia_is_god

I was walking from school, some mad woman friends with my mum who lives down the road was telling me to go home as bombs had been dropped on New York and planes crashing into buildings. I thought nothing of it and went home, the TV was on and the severity of it hit me. I was quite young at the time so I feel I don't really appreciate what a massive event it was in history.

Crazy day.

At home waiting for the time to go to the docs. Day off work, sunny day and I was in my first bought house. Then SSN put their yellow bar on to say about a plane crash, then that scouters Paul boardman, who was presenting, told us to tune into sky news. That was me hooked for the day and the images were beyond belief.

I was having a pub lunch in Pershore, Worcester after visiting a customer, the land lord came down saying some dimwit has flown a plane into the world trade centre, seemed unbelievable but not as unbelievable as it turned out.

Walking home from school, popped in a mates house .. All he's family we're in complete shock around the telly ... Crazy how that day really did change the world and bring us a decade of 'Terrorism'

I was working on a building site at the time. i worked half day, rushed home got showered/changed then got picked up to go to notts county away. I knew what had happened as some fella was sat in his van glued to the radio virtually the entire time. The next morning I got up and went straight back to work. Was only in that evening when I actually saw what had happened on the tv. probably one of the few people in the country to see it so late in the day.

Good thread OP, could this be the modern equivalent of the "where were you when JFK got shot" thing?

I was at work at BT mobile/BT Cellnet/O2 (can't remember what incarnation we were in), and followed it on the interweb, seem to remember the Beeb website crashing maybe due to traffic - the way it unravelled was fucking disturbing.

This is why I can't buy into the conspiracy theories, it was a genuine shock to the Yanks and the world, no way that was anything other than what it looked like.

University lab, remember someone came running into the room screaming omg have you heard the news?

We watched it at the Uni for about an hour then headed home to watch the news on TV

Feel really sad for the innocent people murdered by terrorists, absolute scum!

Watching people jumping from buildings was absolutely sickening and knowing these people had family waiting for them to return home.

Thoughts with all those lost in the towers, on the plans and the brave fire fighters, policemen and ambulance services.

May we never see more days like these

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.