9/11 where were you?

east2

20 years today, I remember it like yesterday.

Working in the aircraft industry, driving along the M60 a colleague called me “have you heard the news? He asked.
“Don’t tell me! Kevin Keegan has walked!?” I said…
“ No… a 767 has just hit the World trade centre tower!”

Last edited:
Woke up for school as a 10 year old and it was all over the news. Even at that age, I knew how catastrophic it was. In year 5 at a suburban Australian school and it felt like the attacks had happened down the street based on the sombre mood at the school that day…very bizarre.

I still watch 9/11 documentaries regularly. Still very hard to comprehend all the shit that went down that day. The Falling Man documentary is worth a watch…not exactly happy, light hearted viewing though.

Remember coming home from work and listening to Simon Mayo on the radio saying that a light aircraft had crashed into WTC and wasn't till I got home and saw the enormity of it that it dawned how unreal it was

Remember coming home from work and listening to Simon Mayo on the radio saying that a light aircraft had crashed into WTC and wasn't till I got home and saw the enormity of it that it dawned how unreal it was
Was listening to exactly the same programme at work. Made me stop what I was doing and listen more intently. Those 2 moments changed the world forever

Day off work, watched the whole thing, (news coverage started after the first plane). Was speaking to a friend in corporate banking when the second hit. Genuinely thought it could be the start of world war three.

Can still remember telling him he needs to get home to be with his family lol.

Was at uni at the time dodging lessons, turned over to see both towers had been hit. The collapse of the World Trade centre was shocking and the same time multiple planes unaccounted for.

I went to ground zero 5 years ago, it’s an eerie quiet place. The 9/11 memorial museum is a recommended visit, the proceeds from it are helping identify victims remains who have not been found yet.

There was an interview on ITV news the other night with two of the first responders that day who are suffering with the affects of inhaling the cloud of dust and fumes when the buildings fell. More people have died from serious illness from this than were actually lost on the day of 9/11. Sobering stuff.

I was in a full day regional Civil Service fraud meeting in Castleton Rochdale where we were being sold the idea of how the suits wanted our job to change and how they were going to do it....proper cluster fuck, the job never recovered but that's another story.

Left, got in the car and put I assume talksport on as Parry was talking and describing the unfolding chaos.

Made our issues at work seem like an irrelevance. TV on 15 mins later when home and watched the news all night.

Was at uni at the time dodging lessons, turned over to see both towers had been hit. The collapse of the World Trade centre was shocking and the same time multiple planes unaccounted for.

I went to ground zero 5 years ago, it’s an eerie quiet place. The 9/11 memorial museum is a recommended visit, the proceeds from it are helping identify victims remains who have not been found yet.

There was an interview on ITV news the other night with two of the first responders that day who are suffering with the affects of inhaling the cloud of dust and fumes when the buildings fell. More people have died from serious illness from this than were actually lost on the day of 9/11. Sobering stuff.
Yep this poor lady (only in her 20s on 9/11 I believe) died from cancer a few years ago. Would have breathed in some horrible, toxic shit.

2BA7505D-0BE3-4A07-8A14-679D4F3B4DD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Horrible day, we switched our SIS Racing channel TV (work) over to the News and watched all day. One of the mobile engineers rang me and told me his was going home to be with his family as he thought it was the end of the world, that sent a shiver down my spine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.