#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 22 now and been here nearly three years and can anyone honestly say he is anywhere near ready to be our main striker? He's got the Brazilian flair in bucket loads but his job is to score goals and he just needs too many chances to actually stick one in the net.

Aguero joined us when he was 23, people tend to forget that and he only had his first 20 goal season at 22 for AM.

I'm still confident that Jesus will come good for us, he has technique and a lot of X factor, just needs to start bringing it together.

Jorginho does his little weird hop thing and he's excellent at them. I think subconsciously at least, bad penalty takers try and mimic good ones, but they're crap so it makes no difference.

Then make the process simpler and coach that shit out of them. The coaches should be saying to him, "here's what we think you should be doing".

Then make the process simpler and coach that shit out of them. The coaches should be saying to him, "here's what we think you should be doing".

Yeah I have no idea why we cant coach penalties. Theres obviously techniques that are successful, successful areas to aim for, it's a repeatable action.

Yeah I have no idea why we cant coach penalties. Theres obviously techniques that are successful, successful areas to aim for, it's a repeatable action.

Weird innit. If it was that simple though every team would be littered with great penalty takers, and that just doesn't happen at all. Not sure why...maybe it's just not as easy as we think.

Weird innit. If it was that simple though every team would be littered with great penalty takers, and that just doesn't happen at all. Not sure why...maybe it's just not as easy as we think.

I think it's one of those things football is just stupidly blind to.

90% of coaches think you can't improve a players' basic technique once they get to a certain age, even though people like Pep have shown it to be nonsense with some high profile cases. It's the same with corners, which are insanely underutilised, but I can at least put that down to having limited time with the entire team to spend coaching them, with penalties you just get 1 or 2 players, a keeper, and a the coach.

I think it's one of those things football is just stupidly blind to.

90% of coaches think you can't improve a players' basic technique once they get to a certain age, even though people like Pep have shown it to be nonsense with some high profile cases. It's the same with corners, which are insanely underutilised, but I can at least put that down to having limited time with the entire team to spend coaching them, with penalties you just get 1 or 2 players, a keeper, and a the coach.

I would much rather our penalty taker had natural ability with them rather than trying to teach them something possibly alien to them if that makes sense

I would much rather our penalty taker had natural ability with them rather than trying to teach them something possibly alien to them if that makes sense

I don't really care if it's natural ability or coached ability as long as they score 90% of them.

People like Kane didn't come out of the womb with the ability to smash a penalty in the top corner every time. It comes about through practice, and looking at where penalties get saved.

When was the last time we lost a penalty shoot out. Not sure there's a current team that had a better record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.