9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippe Auclair and Andrew Mangan thinking £50m is too much. Like they never paid £72m for Pepe.

Jesus is a very good player, which is why he's in the Brazilian team. But City have a terrible record of getting good prices (compared to, say, Liverpool and Chelsea), so I expect we'll get our pants pulled down by Arsenal again. I read here that we can't expect much because he's not a starter. That's insane, because he'd be a starter in 90% of the Premiership teams. He's got a shed full of silverware and immense prospects with age on his side. I guarantee Arsenal sell him for 50% more than they buy him for.
Is this actually true though

Barring the sale of coutinho have the Dippers really done well?

They sold Suarez for £75mil, but he's one of the best strikers of his generation and was in his prime...don't see how that was a good price, he should've gone for more

Likewise Sterling, given how good he was at 19 (and being English) to get £49mil wasn't exactly great

Like they made a ton of money off Bournemouth and Palace, but their record has been average lately...they've even managed to let players go for free by holding out for too big a fee (Origi they rejected a £25mil offer from Wolves as they wanted £30 and Shaqiri they wanted £20mil then 12 months later went for £5mil)

Ings for £22mil and Alonso for £30mil were about right given the market they were sold in

I'd say getting £20mil+ for Brahim Diaz was an unreal price, as was £50mil for Ferran Torres

We're going in the right direction, Sane may have gone for more but with hindsight we made the right call getting around £50mil for him with a year left ton his contract

Tim Vickery really had a very good take on tS yesterday (as always) on Jesus and his career so far and how the things might pan out for him and whoever might buy him if he leaves us.

So...what was it?
Basically that Jesus WAS NEVER a CF, but nobody wanted to listen to him and considering his nature he never complained at being played at that position. Russia 2018 properly messed him up, because he was the first Brazilian CF not to score a goal in the WC, he was shifted playing left and right losing his confidence massively. That continued with us, where he was always judged as a replacement for Aguero, which he never was. Playing intermittently for us he gradually lost his place in the first 11 for Brazil and for Brazilians that is like the most important aspect of their footballing career. And to remedy this he wants to move away in hope he starts playing regularly in order to regain his Brazil place. But the problem is again that every club coming for him is coming for CF and the circle is closed.

I think Pep realized that belatedly, but he ended up with 6 wingers and no CF, so somebody needs to go. I actually think he is a perfect Jurgen Klopp player, luckily that wont happen to see him playing for the dippers.

He was and is a player I root for. He has had important moments for City. His story in the players tribune was especially touching. Even at Arsenal or Chelsea, I hope he would do well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.