9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Haaland, but Jesus has a spot to play in this squad

Would rather he renew his contract than Sterling

He misses too many he can't be our number 1 goal threat, but will be sad to see him go

Yes he missed the best chance of the second half but he was the only forward you could say had a decent game overall. Grealish and Sterling weren't offering nearly enough on and off the ball. Sterling's chance was a lot better than he realised at the time as well, he just rushed it.

One fairly basis requirement of a striker is that they can strike the ball cleanly. This is most definitely not the case with Jesus. Misses too many chances in key parts of the game. He’s also regressed from the striker who arrived in 2017.

Abysmal 1st half and then he came alive. I love the guy but have always said he is shit at pens and 1v1s. He showed it again today. It’s hard to defend a guy who consistently misses big chances like that and it makes him fair game for those that just don’t rate him.

Had no faith in him scoring. Had enough space to go around Allison, could of lifted it either side but no shit himself and hit it straight at him

This is Jesus’s sixth season with us now. He is definitely one of the top forwards in world football. However, probably not the one for us. He doesn’t seem to be progressing. His stats for goals are going downhill. No one can fault his attitude. He is a talented footballer but just not a talented enough finisher.

I can see him going somewhere else (Germany, Italy…) where he is picked every game as the centre forward and scoring for fun, but I just can’t see it happening here. I’d like him to prove me wrong but as I said… this is his sixth season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.