9 Years Ago Today

M147WN

Last ever league game at Maine Road. Loved the place & still miss it.
wa51k3.jpg

It is a kind of head ruling heart moment. Circumstances dictated that we could not develop Maine road any further, and without our new stadium and the land surrounding it, Sheikh Mansour or Thaksin may have not been intrested in buying our club.

carlos92 said:
It is a kind of head ruling heart moment. Circumstances dictated that we could not develop Maine road any further, and without our new stadium and the land surrounding it, Sheikh Mansour or Thaksin may have not been intrested in buying our club.

Good point mate. It's taken me a while to adjust to 'The Etihad' but it's beginning to feel like home.

We lost our Holy Ground (don't care if you thought it was shit I loved the place) nine years ago, and it hurt like fuck. Any lad or lass that felt like me that day NEEDS to USE THAT PAIN , SHOUT THEM DAEMONS OUT OF YOUR SOLE , AND SING YOUR HARTS OUT FOR THE LADS on Sunday . Let's <a class="postlink" href="http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526725_3537958779196_1579176303_2696726_1821256353_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6353_n.jpg</a> put some of them ghosts of Maine Road to rest, to become Champions of England.

Nah... It was a dump of place both inside and out.
Only few oldies like me can remember the good times we had there when won titles, european cups (cup winners cup) etc.
The vast majority of fans only ever had heartache and ridicule.

The Etihad is millon zillion times better in every single way. I don't miss the place, never had and never will. The party outside the the ground before the last game against Southampton was a bit special though! The steel drum band playing Blue moon was memorable!

Happy days, i have never been as rough as the last day at the Kippax, was still up at 7am drinking Champagne with a mate the morning of the last game. longest day of my life, and we lost, also remember The Blues brothers singing, and the whole of Main Road singing "who the fooking hell are you"? hilarious...

we'll always be city from maine road but the etihad is so much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.