90 points? unlikely...

Damanino

Mancini is telling us this 90 points stuff in the last few weeks. We had a very great first half of the league collecting 45 points in 19 matches.

We have 19 matches more to collect another 45 points. I just don't see it.

We have 3 groups of matches:

Must win home matches against "weaker" sides:
Fulham, Blackburn, Sunderland, WBA, QPR, Bolton. 6 matches.
My prediction is optimistic: 5 wins, 1 draw-> 16 points.

Away matches that will decide title probably:
Wigan, Stoke, Everton, Villa, Swansea, Norwich, Wolves, Newcastle 8 matches.
My prediction is based on our away form and last year result against these teams:
4 wins, 2 draws, 2 loss. 14 points. (Maybe a bit pessimistic. Is it? I would say at least 4 points or 6 for WBA/Sunderland matches and we came home with only 1 point.)

"Top teams against top teams":
Arsenal (away)
Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, MU (all home)
My prediction: 3 w, 2 d. If we can get more than my predicted 11 points that is fantastic.

11+14+16=41 points.

And it is with the hope we don't run into any major injury hell like United now. If we do it is closer to 30 points than 40.

86 in all. It still can be enough.

United plays away to Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs but they already played away to Stoke, Everton, Villa. I see a better chance for Spurs to roll over for them than Stoke, Everton or Villa for us.

Hell of a run in that's gonna be.

Pointless post. This is up there with Garry Cook's trajectories. You can never, ever rely on anything in football.

I've been looking at the stats and we've been well on target for 90 points until recently. My stats are showing a prediction of 88/89 at the moment with the rags 1 point behind us. However I've also analysed our relative performance to last season and we've picked up 10 points over the first half of the season compared to the equivalent games last season. If we do the same again in hte second half then we could still get 90.

After the Sunderland result , it is very hard to predict our final points total , i can see us winning all 19 home games , but our away form is suspect , Roberto needs to work out a winning formula for at least 50% of our remaining away games , or the title is going to White Hart Lane,because the clowns from the swamp are seriously over achieving this season

Halfpenny said:
Pointless post. This is up there with Garry Cook's trajectories. You can never, ever rely on anything in football.

Exactly, nobody would have seen yesterdays result at the swamp coming, and even ours today we should have won that

We've got 4 consecutive games coming where we dropped points last season.

Everton (A)
Fulham (H)
Villa (A)
Blackburn (H)

We only got 2 points out of those last season. 3 wins and a draw in those this season could actually deliver us the title as long as we don't slip up badly elsewhere.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
After the Sunderland result , it is very hard to predict our final points total , i can see us winning all 19 home games , but our away form is suspect , Roberto needs to work out a winning formula for at least 50% of our remaining away games , or the title is going to White Hart Lane,because the clowns from the swamp are seriously over achieving this season

The title is not going to White Hart Lane they can't beat the top sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.