90 Year old gets 2 years suspended for killing 2 women in a motor accident

Once you reach retirement age the same 5 year rule should apply and those unfit lose their license.
Grammar-Police-10x42.jpg

I think I've read the gentlemen has been banned from driving for life.
He has no doubt lived through what happened that day hundreds of times since it happened and will do so until the day he dies.
Personally, I don't think sending him to prison would serve much purpose. It seems he is the carer for his elderly wife as she has Alzheimers.
There are only losers in this most tragic accident. Two families have lost their loved ones and sending him to prison would have no doubt meant his wife would have suffered too.

Personally I think it's the right decision.
Im sure it is difficult for the families but for me jail certainly serves no purpose in this instance.

Right decision.

Agree with a lot that’s been said on here tho, it should be a hell of a lot more stringent keeping your license at that sort of age.

We’ve just stopped my Nanna from driving at the age of 88. Her car was like a stock car racer and was clearly just driving around bumping into things.

Right decision.

Agree with a lot that’s been said on here tho, it should be a hell of a lot more stringent keeping your license at that sort of age.

We’ve just stopped my Nanna from driving at the age of 88. Her car was like a stock car racer and was clearly just driving around bumping into things.

When you say you've stopped her. Was it the Dr who advised the dvla?

mate of mine dobbed his dad in. He was driving a camper van and everytime he went to his dads there was a new ding or crease in the camper - seemed despite wherever his dad parked some **** was unable to avoid hitting the campervan. My mate said it had to be done before he killed someone.

I had a neighbour who was terminally ill but kept on driving - when he reversed off his drive he mounted the opposite pavement - so dangerous had anybody been passing by he would have hit them. I spoke to his son about it but he died before any action was taken. His wife then took to the wheel but was so timid and out of practise she drove at about 10mph maximum. She fell and broke her hip so gave up before her moving chicane trick caused an accident.

You drive up the the motorway and the very old are the ones doing 60 up the middle lane and are such a danger to other road users. Their experience and skills belong to a bygone age I am afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.