93:20 Podcast Player

I am afraid I am an old (71), "Happy Clapper" City fan and I find Ahsan regular, and pretty vitriolic, criticisms of players, team selection, tactics and even Pep, tiresome and boring.

Just now switched off as he was slagging off Leroy after last night's performance...

Call me a snowflake if you want but there is more than one way to phrase negative views...

(Howard Hockin is, of course, a complete star!)

JJ
Nowt wrong with being a happy clapper , but I don't think Ahsan is trying to be vitriolic but is generally trying to pose the questions that the press are asking and exploring if there are problems.
I don't always agree with him but find him and most of the contributors generally pretty good.
My problem is I am so non tech savvy and have a fairly cheapo phone so trying ot fid the podcasts a bit of a pain.

Personally think ahsan does a great job on the pod and always like listening to his views. The whole thing is done really professionally. Only very minor gripe was earlier in week when it was clear one of the guys hadn’t watched the match. But overall great value for money.

Personally think ahsan does a great job on the pod and always like listening to his views. The whole thing is done really professionally. Only very minor gripe was earlier in week when it was clear one of the guys hadn’t watched the match. But overall great value for money.
Totally agree. Great pods. Loads of great City pods. We are blessed to have them all.

93:20, Bluemoon and Noisy Neighbours are the 3 I never miss. Have tried the others but don’t work for me.
I quite like "The Man City Show" with Nigel Rothband. I haven't tried the Noisy neighbours, so that is one to add to the pot :)

I am afraid I am an old (71), "Happy Clapper" City fan and I find Ahsan regular, and pretty vitriolic, criticisms of players, team selection, tactics and even Pep, tiresome and boring.

Just now switched off as he was slagging off Leroy after last night's performance...

Call me a snowflake if you want but there is more than one way to phrase negative views...

(Howard Hockin is, of course, a complete star!)

JJ

It’s a great podcast, we are quite lucky having so many excellent City ones. I’ve no problem with Ahsan’s opinions, I don’t always agree but it’s one of the things which I like about City fans is we are an opinionated bunch not s bunch of myopic lemmings completely brainwashed and unnaturally United like the fan bases of the two red bastards at either end of the east Lancs. We have a healthy cynicism and aren’t emotionally incontinents like the aforementioned support, so keep being opinionated Ahsan and co.

I'm doing stuff for Bolt From The Blue along with Walter "Take it, take it, take it, all day long" Smith & Victoria Gregory, who runs the Chicago Supporters Branch, plus her dad David. Mike, who runs the site, tells me it's listened to in 70 countries. Apparently we'll be doing a 'Peter Swales' special at some point in thenot too distant future.

9320 is also very well done. Ahsan is a brilliant host and asks some searching and interesting questions and they also have a great team. I'm also working on a Billy Meredith podcast in their Talking History series at the moment but there's so much to fit in with him.

The City Watch one that Ian Cheeseman did was good. Hope the guys and girls can get that going under a new banner. Nigel Rothband's Man City Show is another I listen to regulalry. Nigel's a good host and it has a nice sense of humour.

Our own Bluemoon podcast is another good one although that'svery slick and professional; more of a magazine show than a podcast like the others. It is what Blue Tuesday should have been and wasn't.

Last edited:
I'm doing stuff for Bolt From The Blue along with Walter "Take it, take it, take it, all day long" Smith & Victoria Gregory, who runs the Chicago Supporters Branch, plus her dad David. Mike, who runs the site, tells me it's listened to in 70 countries. Apparently we'll be doing a 'Peter Swales' special at some point in thenot too distant future.

9320 is also very well done. Ahsan is a brilliant host and asks some searching and interesting questions and they also have a great team. I'm also working on a Billy Meredith podcast in their Talking History series at the moment but there's so much to fit in with him.

The City Watch one that Ian Cheeseman did was good. Hope the guys and girls can get that going under a new banner. Nigel Rothband's Man City Show is another I listen to regulalry. Nigel's a good host and it has a nice sense of humour.

Our own Bluemoon podcast is another good one although that'svery slick and professional; more of a magazine show than a podcast like the others. It is what Blue Tuesday should have been and wasn't.

I always found Blue Tuesday bland and you could tell Ian Cheeseman was completely restricted and couldn’t really be himself, luckily you see the real him in the video blogs and his show on Xs Manchester which are both excellent.

I’ve only listened to Bolt from the Blue the once and it was really decent as well the only problem if you can call it that is isn’t automatically downloadable like the others are on my iPhone.

The demise of the City watch one remains a mystery akin to the real reason why Steve Coppell left after 33 days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.