99 Rich People Problems...?

She looks fucking ripped.

Anyway she's speaking from a privileged position and it's probably naive at my kindest reckoning of her to equate her struggles to those of some others, but at its core it is a valuable reminder that we are all human. We all have the same emotions and shit, it's just that different things trigger those emotions depending on where you are in the world (in every sense).

She's got a book to sell to make more wealth, she looks as genuine as a 50p note.

Do you know, I think it was the subconscious grin that she gave whenever she raised her point of being fortunate with the wealth, that irked me.

I suspect she's had the wealth for quite some time now, so one shouldn't expect sympathy when one grins about being 'lucky' twice in the matter of seconds.

This thread reminds me of this quote:

Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.

This thread reminds me of this quote:

Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable.

Exactly!

I don't begrudge anyone getting rich! Bless you, you go!

But, it irks me to complain about things poor people are forced into through no choice! Sure, you get lonely, go on a trip, buy some private mental health, whatever.

Just don't moan!

Exactly!

But, it irks me to complain about things poor people are forced into through no choice! Sure, you get lonely, go on a trip, buy some private mental health, whatever.

Just don't moan!
I will never judge/criticise anyone, regardless of their wealth, for struggling with mental illness. It cares not for who you are, how loved you are, how rich you are, how successful you are, etc.

However, lack of introspection and self-awareness which very often leads to callousness, especially for others struggling with similar problems, but with vastly less (or no) resources to mitigate them, is absolutely worth rebuke.

Exactly!

Just don't moan!
Someone I know was moaning to me recently about being skint. I know for a FACT the moaning **** is a millionaire. Really bugs me when I hear shit like this, and it's not the first time wealthy people have said it.

I find it an insult to poor buggers who are genuinely skint!

Some debate!

The above is not what I'm thinking about at all.

Her conversation is about shielding other millionaires from the inherent 'problem' of wealth. There are things you can do with wealth to make yourself feel better.

It's not the 'wealth' that should be the problem but, here, it's her clear short sightedness that she uses as a spotlight and a shield. She talks to 11 other millionaires? What about finding happiness in wealth??

There are people with no clean water in Flint; do something, affect lives in practical ways, rather than workshops or whatever.

If, by her reasoning, her own brother resents her giving out 20K yearly, or whatever it was, she has a problem she can't identify, cos she doesn't want to.
If I can be bold. You come across as being bitter about not having money, the thing you hate about people, am I missing something ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.