A ‘new’ City?

Fred_Quimby

Over the last month or so we have taken apart Chelski, dippers and raggies. Let’s face it we have had some excellent press about the way that we have played. Even ratface has been eulogising on how good we are, ‘clones of David Silva etc, great academy and so on’. Add to that the public slagging off of the ‘media darlings’. Are we seeing a changing of the guard and a more favourable attitude towards us? Have they seen how we are attracting support, at last, for the football we are playing and we have a rapidly growing supporter base in spite of some of the media doing us down. Are we attracting more viewers on Sly and BT and hence the softening of their attitude towards us. I just sense this is happening.

The opening para of an article I read yesterday...

"Watching manchester city as a neutral can be a relatively joyless experience.
It’s sometimes quite mechanical, often comically one-sided; a style of football to be deeply admired but rarely loved"

The opening para of an article I read yesterday...

"Watching manchester city as a neutral can be a relatively joyless experience.
It’s sometimes quite mechanical, often comically one-sided; a style of football to be deeply admired but rarely loved"

I think the point is that comments such as this are not made by "neutrals" at all. They are made by fans of other teams for whom, I should imagine, the experience of playing us is, indeed, "joyless"

My experience is that true football-lovers wallow in the glorious football we play.

I think the point is that comments such as this are not made by "neutrals" at all. They are made by fans of other teams for whom, I should imagine, the experience of playing us is, indeed, "joyless"

My experience is that true football-lovers wallow in the glorious football we play.
Yes, jealousy is a terrible thing.

Over the last month or so we have taken apart Chelski, dippers and raggies. Let’s face it we have had some excellent press about the way that we have played. Even ratface has been eulogising on how good we are, ‘clones of David Silva etc, great academy and so on’. Add to that the public slagging off of the ‘media darlings’. Are we seeing a changing of the guard and a more favourable attitude towards us? Have they seen how we are attracting support, at last, for the football we are playing and we have a rapidly growing supporter base in spite of some of the media doing us down. Are we attracting more viewers on Sly and BT and hence the softening of their attitude towards us. I just sense this is happening.
Our fanbase is certainly growing abroad, especially in the USA. I think negative press coverage is softening and has been since the CAS case. Apart from a small bitter Cabal of City-haters who just hate our owner. I also think the ESL debacle didn't do any favours for LFC and MUFC who were seen as the prime movers.
At the same time there is a growing awareness among other fans of the way LFC and MUFC manipulate their image in the media at the expense of other clubs. For example I don't think the negative campaign against Newcastle United has been supported as much by matchgoing fans as it has by boardroom Directors of clubs. I think the tide is turning.

a percentage are now recognising the great footy, but if we win the prem & UCL for next 3 years you will get the Arab take over conenction that turns people to dislike it. Jealousy.

if they took a couple of hours to have a tour and visit what great lift it has been for surrounding areas with modernising, they would change their mind... If they dont then f off

We are hated more than ever, we are despised but that probably tells you just how well we are doing.

The elite 'istory clubs are hurting badly and it's glorious to see their pain.

Our only issue is when Pep leaves, we have a wonderful set up, but things can change quickly, the next appointment has to be right. We have incredible, high quality players appearing in numbers from the academy and the next decade could be even better than the last one, which would be simply incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.