A bit disappointed in the chairman and The Sheikh

Didsbury Dave

It was a great win at the weekend and, as I posted earlier, I feel really confident that we will be in the champions league next year.

However, some comments on Talksport earlier have brought me down to earth a bit. Mike Parry made the point that there are no "good" owners in the premier league any more and he's right if I'm brutally honest.

Ok, so our guy has a few quid. And his Chairman seems pretty hands-on to a point. But when was the last time you saw one of them wearing a City shirt?

Newcastle are back. And Mike Ashley is back. Be honest, wouldn't you be proud if our chairman was like this every Saturday in the director's box?
mike-ashley-drinking-pint.jpg

He might be fat, but that's a lad who loves his club. I'd say you could trust him to stand his ground when the Mackens come steaming in too. Fair play to Newcastle.

There are other examples of chairmen who show passion. You could sense the people of Porstmouth getting behind their Shiekh early this season. It's a pity it didn't work out for them and a pity he never stayed at City. I'd love to see a City chairman or owner displaying that sort of commitment:
portsmouth_city2ap_1472049i.jpg

As fans we can identify with this.

What do we get at City? A few quid as a sweetener, a few decent players, a new stadium and this...

340x.jpg

Dull. Uninspiring. He isn't even wearing a classic 80s City pin badge.

And the Shiekh hardly even bloody comes.

Why this post? I just think that the top men at our club are letting us down as fans. Football is about more than money.

bluebean said:
what a nonsense post!

It's true. Our owners don't know what it means to be a football fan like Mike Ashley does. Shame really because other than that they're doing a decent job i suppose

Didsbury Dave said:
It was a great win at the weekend and, as I posted earlier, I feel really confident that we will be in the champions league next year.

However, some comments on Talksport earlier have brought me down to earth a bit. Mike Parry made the point that there are no "good" owners in the premier league any more and he's right if I'm brutally honest.

Ok, so our guy has a few quid. And his Chairman seems pretty hands-on to a point. But when was the last time you saw one of them wearing a City shirt?

Newcastle are back. And Mike Ashley is back. Be honest, wouldn't you be proud if our chairman was like this every Saturday in the director's box?
mike-ashley-drinking-pint.jpg

He might be fat, but that's a lad who loves his club. I'd say you could trust him to stand his ground when the Mackens come steaming in too. Fair play to Newcastle.

There are other examples of chairmen who show passion. You could sense the people of Porstmouth getting behind their Shiekh early this season. It's a pity it didn't work out for them and a pity he never stayed at City. I'd love to see a City chairman or owner displaying that sort of commitment:
portsmouth_city2ap_1472049i.jpg

As fans we can identify with this.

What do we get at City? A few quid as a sweetener, a few decent players, a new stadium and this...

340x.jpg

Dull. Uninspiring. He isn't even wearing a classic 80s City pin badge.

And the Shiekh hardly even bloody comes.

Why this post? I just think that the top men at our club are letting us down as fans. Football is about more than money.

silly sod.:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.