A Blue in a Rag town

yankblue said:
I sympathise with you man.

Over here, when I tell people I support city, they all say "oh man united? with ronaldo and rooney?"

Enough to drive a man crazy.
Where about are you Yankblue?

manchesthaircity said:
Corky said:
So it is okay for people from Aberdeen to support City but not United?

It isn't like anything happened with City in 1999 either is it? Got to be a piss take.

It is not like we had a bad defeat on the 21st Dec either is it?

I expected this. I am not about about to "prove" myself as a blue. It's ok. I hope I havent given the wrong impression of a blue up north. In this city it is so common to be a rag. This helps in itself to support the blues. What I try to say is it is a rubbish excuse to support a team just because of a history that all rags up here dont even know about. For your information, Yes, we did begin our blue supporting on that day. Why? It was just magic!

i totally understand how one can come around to being a Blue out of disgust with being surrounded by fair-weather rags fanboy twats. i'm not from Manchester either (NY originally, currently in Bangkok), and detested rags a long time before i embraced the Blues. a Mancunian friend, a Blue lifer, noticed that my fav prem team was whoever was playing rags and had an easy time recruiting me in spite of City being relegation-threatened at the time.

as for any Mancs sweating over having to share the club with a bunch of damned foreign glory hunters, get used to it. the prem is the biggest football league on the planet now, the only escape from us is relegation.

zeusbheld said:
manchesthaircity said:
Corky said:
So it is okay for people from Aberdeen to support City but not United?

It isn't like anything happened with City in 1999 either is it? Got to be a piss take.

It is not like we had a bad defeat on the 21st Dec either is it?

I expected this. I am not about about to "prove" myself as a blue. It's ok. I hope I havent given the wrong impression of a blue up north. In this city it is so common to be a rag. This helps in itself to support the blues. What I try to say is it is a rubbish excuse to support a team just because of a history that all rags up here dont even know about. For your information, Yes, we did begin our blue supporting on that day. Why? It was just magic!

i totally understand how one can come around to being a Blue out of disgust with being surrounded by fair-weather rags fanboy twats. i'm not from Manchester either (NY originally, currently in Bangkok), and detested rags a long time before i embraced the Blues. a Mancunian friend, a Blue lifer, noticed that my fav prem team was whoever was playing rags and had an easy time recruiting me in spite of City being relegation-threatened at the time.

as for any Mancs sweating over having to share the club with a bunch of damned foreign glory hunters, get used to it. the prem is the biggest football league on the planet now, the only escape from us is relegation.
Welcome aboard gloryhunter?

mcmanus said:
You got me wrong a bit here pal. I love Manchester, Mancs and City.

However not being from 'gods own town' I do feel like an outsider a bit. That's all

was ya dad called mick?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.