A call for Patience and realism

Blueroses

As a city fan today I have seen our team comprehensively beaten by a team with quality but it also made us all have a reminder that we have taken big steps closer to the best in Europe but we still have fewer steps to take firstly this starts with attitude some of players have.

Too much knee jerk reaction regarding Pellegrini imo some is justified but maybe his comments regarding silva not able to play more than 25 min should hint to the manager not be able to make the early change to add the extra midfielder since our midfield was ran over by bayern.

Keep in mind that our record in Europe has been torrid for a long time and Pellegrini doesn't yet know his best team and it only the beginning.

About time some of our players realised they are not as good as they think they are and hard work has to be put, something we are missing is collective team effort you see from the bayern team and Dortmund etc.

We are still capable of qualifying, still second the double header V Cska Moscow should be key. With silva back and bayern our last game we should aim to qualify before we play them to take the pressure off us. Our fate is still on our hand.

If we ever needed a wake call for some of our players then it couldn't come better than this so it should spur them on if anything.

Take it on chin, regroup and play the best 90 min football against Everton and win.

What we need right now is realism and that starts with patience because we are still able to change this around. I believes so and I you all do too.

By tomorrow I'll be up for Saturday and feeling optimistic again. But I've not slept much thinking about last night's game - and I usually sleep 'til 08:00 - and the poor showing from the coach. I'm angry and disappointed with him. I'm not saying we would have won, or even got a draw - we'd probably still have lost - but with a sane gameplan we would have at least played better.

But, as I say, by tomorrow I'll be optimistic and up for Saturday and happy to give Pellegrini a chance to make up for last night.

Blueroses said:
Too much knee jerk reaction regarding Pellegrini imo some is justified but maybe his comments regarding silva not able to play more than 25 min should hint to the manager not be able to make the early change to add the extra midfielder since our midfield was ran over by bayern.

Then bring on (or better yet start with) someone else in midfield. Milner would have helped apply some pressure, even Zabaleta would have been a better choice than waiting until the game was beyond us and bringing on Silva.

Why is our squad so short on midfield players?

Blueroses said:
Keep in mind that our record in Europe has been torrid for a long time and Pellegrini doesn't yet know his best team and it only the beginning.

I'm all for giving the manager more time, and I want him to succeed, but suggesting that he doesn't yet know his best team doesn't really wash with me. HE definitely believes he has found the right system for us, but the 4-2-2-2 was absolutely the wrong decision last night and will almost certainly cost us games in the future if the manager doesn't show some flexibility.

Skashion said:
Also keep in mind that we never lost at home in Europe under Mancini and we got rid of him because his record in Europe wasn't good enough.

His record was awful. We had as many points after one game this season as we finished with last year. Just because there are problems under this manager doesn't mean there weren't any under the last one. What's worse, a manager playing 4-2-2-2 when it isn't working or one who keeps trying to play 3-5-2 even though it doesn't work?

Most pundits agree we have the strongest squad in the pl, and one of the strongest in europe, yet were comprehensively dismantled last night, albeit by a very good team. We could easily have lost that by 5 or 6. It's all well and good pleading for patience but why have we secured 1 out of 9 points in away fixtures versus poor teams and why did it take 70+ minutes for our manager to change things. This squad should be steamrollering stoke n villa and should not be made to look amateurs against even the best sides. The utd result is looking more and more like a freak result and if that doesn't worry you then I despair. Now is not the time for any knee jerk reactions but lessons must now begin to be learnt because these substandard performances and lack of proactive tactical changes can't continue.

Gelsons dad is right we appear to be going backwards.

If I'm honest I didn't really expect us to beat Bayern last night. I'm still confident that we'll qualify for the next stage from this group, that will be an improvement from our previous seasons in CL campaigns.

My concerns with MP is that he doesn't seem able to sort out the defence, for the last three seasons we've had the best defence in Prem, now with the same players our defence is all over the place and very poor.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Blueroses said:

Then bring on (or better yet start with) someone else in midfield. Milner would have helped apply some pressure, even Zabaleta would have been a better choice than waiting until the game was beyond us and bringing on Silva.

Why is our squad so short on midfield players?

Blueroses said:

I'm all for giving the manager more time, and I want him to succeed, but suggesting that he doesn't yet know his best team doesn't really wash with me. HE definitely believes he has found the right system for us, but the 4-2-2-2 was absolutely the wrong decision last night and will almost certainly cost us games in the future if the manager doesn't show some flexibility.

Fair enough regarding his best team but I'm sure from this he has learnt Dzeko is not up for it and negado is perfect in contributing selflessly for the team. What a finish for the goal! We are yet to see the best from him. A run of games for him and will score plenty more than dzeko for sure.

You can't blame Pellegrini for much else other than getting it wrong tactically but hart didn't cover himself in glory either if anything he let the team down with first goal and second goal.

Clearly Pellegrini has seen his work cut out for him and this starts with mentality of the players, goal keeper situation and finding another solution to our midfield problem ie Yaya looking leggy might be a chance for experimenting with 3 in the park possibly give Milner or Garcia a chance?

Would you agree it time to make a statement about his mantra the system being more key and not the players etc with dropping hart because he needs time out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.