A constant queue of cars at MacDonalds - Am I missing out on something?

There is one next to my local tesco and it has become really busy since march , i think people are using the excuse of getting food to get out of the house ,i dont understand it

But then i am a veggie ! And i very much have a problem with them killing the rain forest

Can anyone tell me what it is that makes folk spend so much time in them queues?

It really is mind boggling how long people are prepared to sit in their cars so they can get their hands on a burger.

Is there something addictive in them?
Yes, but they don’t itemize it on the menu.

Plus, isn’t it all about not having to park, unload, stand in the queue inside, find a seat, get all the other crap (straws, napkins, ketchup), eat, clean up and then get back in your car?
One bag, it’s all in there as long as you asked for it, garbage fits back in the bag when you’re done and scrunches down to nothing! And, who doesn’t like their car smelling like McD’s French Fries?!

The car company even put the cup holders right there for you, too!

P.S. Wait until you get Popeye’s Chicken Sandwiches! The line is always around the building, and for good reason!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what it is that makes folk spend so much time in them queues?

It really is mind boggling how long people are prepared to sit in their cars so they can get their hands on a burger.

Is there something addictive in them?
In answer to your thread question...

No, they are as shit as they have always been and you're definitely not missing out.

Yes, but they don’t itemize it on the menu.

Plus, isn’t it all about not having to park, unload, stand in the queue inside, find a seat, get all the other crap (straws, napkins, ketchup), eat, clean up and then get back in your car?
One bag, it’s all in there as long as you asked for it, garbage fits back in the bag when you’re done and scrunches down to nothing! And, who doesn’t like their car smelling like McD’s French Fries?!

The car company even put the cup holders right there for you, too!
That’s for beer cans surely? It is around here

I have McDonald's maybe once every half a dozen years, and I never enjoy it.

I don’t get the obsession, it’s not even nice. The “meat” is surely close to being inedible?

Yet there are people who answer the question “what would your last meal be?” with “Maccies!”.
A bit more frequently for me, once every 5 years, in an "emergency". For example if working away and travelling home late after a long day at work then it can seem like a good idea and very convenient. But 30 minutes later and still feeling hungry and a bit queasy you realise it wasn't such a good idea after all :(

They serve a need on occasions when out driving in a normal year I'd probably have 2/3 and maybe double that as breakfasts before shopping but I've had none since after a 2 hour drive following the Villa final & that was only because there was nowhere else open near my lad's place.

I certainly don't crave them although will probably have another at some stage if it's Hobson's choice be it this year, next year etc.

Anybody see that piece where Subway rolls were ruled to have too much (by 5x) sugar content to be classed as bread in the Irish Courts
And they wonder i) why kids luv em ii) why there is an obesity problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.