a future squad worry?

Andouble

from the sounds of it, Micah, SWP, Bridge, and Lescott all would prefer to move on. By my count that leaves, Hart, AJ, Barry, and Milner as the only 4 English players that are defo back next season. Maybe MJ if he proves he can stay fit (and is good enough). I can't think of any other homegrown players who will be on the roster that we've trained for 3 years before there 21st birthday.

will we have enough players to abide by the rule? Will we have to just submit a smaller, foreign squad list next season a la Chelsea?

Andouble said:
from the sounds of it, Micah, SWP, Bridge, and Lescott all would prefer to move on. By my count that leaves, Hart, AJ, Barry, and Milner as the only 4 English players that are defo back next season. Maybe MJ if he proves he can stay fit (and is good enough). I can't think of any other homegrown players who will be on the roster that we've trained for 3 years before there 21st birthday.

will we have enough players to abide by the rule? Will we have to just submit a smaller, foreign squad list next season a la Chelsea?

I am sure if the 4 you mention move on we will buy in the summer to make sure we have enough. We cannot afford to have a depleted squad next season, just look what is happening to Chelsea.

If they dont want to be part of City, then they can FUCK OFF. they only have themselves to blame.

Bridge and SWP arent good enough. sad but true and i think the majority including themselves knows it.

kippaxblue76 said:
Andouble said:

I am sure if the 4 you mention move on we will buy in the summer to make sure we have enough. We cannot afford to have a depleted squad next season, just look what is happening to Chelsea.

but as we've seen because of these rules, along with Financial Fair Play rules, you can't just buy English players to abide by these rules. English players were overrated and overpriced before these came into place, now the Rodwells, Hendersons etc of the world are going to cost tons of money.

pee dubya said:
Does Boyata count? I know he's not English but when did he join?

The home grown rule is dubious to say the least. It's players trained at City for (3) years I think, so the likes of Boyata and Guidetti will count, which to be honest, makes a mockery of the rule.

pee dubya said:
Does Boyata count? I know he's not English but when did he join?

once he's over 21 he'll count as he's been with us for longer than 3 years. As he's under 21 he doesn't have to be on our squad list.

zeven said:
If they dont want to be part of City, then they can FUCK OFF. they only have themselves to blame.

Bridge and SWP arent good enough. sad but true and i think the majority including themselves knows it.

You really do make me sick...

though I don't know, is the deadline for age limit when the squad list is submitted, or if the player turns that age during the campaign?

If it's the latter Boyata would have to be put on the list as he turns 21 in November.

Ok, even though he'll still be under 21 in the Summer he could still be included in the official squad if we had to make up numbers though? Same with Guidetti/Ibrahim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.