A Great Time To Visit Turkey

Security at Ataturk is mega. Two different checkpoints to get through and they’ll search anything at will.

Nothing much will put me off going to Istanbul. It can’t be worse than Paris.

Anyone looking to book Turkey this year with the lira shaping well and bobing around the seven and a half mark. Looking for a quick in and out getaway for May and have more of a propensity for Greece and maybe Stalis but Bobbette has been sniffing at the idea of Turkey for a cheeky week and says how nice Marmaris looks. It ticks all the right boxes with plenty going on to keep even the most restlessly ardent of holidaymakers happy. Pubs karaoke discotheques live turns by the bucket full etc etc but what vexes me is the ghastly flight times by TUI and especially Jet2 getting there late at night and then on the way home being slung out of your digs at dinner time and then suffering the indignity of being homeless until the ride to the airport at 2200 to get back in Manny at daft o clock in the morning. And then if that's not bad enough jet2 say it takes around 2.5 hours to get to your gaff after a 4.5 hour flight so it's not really conducive to hi de hi atmospherics. If I was doing 10 or 11 days then maybe I could hack the yomp but 7 days would take an extraordinary amount of effort and focus. I could do 10 or 11 nights if the deal was right. It's not really on my radar but she seems mad for it so I said I would have to investigate further as it's not all about her hollibobs and I need it to tick a few boxes of my own.

I must admit though it does look the real deal and I couldn't imagine going their all inclusive n watching a parrot show and slurping effe out of a plastic cup with all this amazingly honest to good nonsense going on outside. A few deals coming up around the £275 mark for bed and breckie for the week with £30 off as we have a voucher from January. Hardly cost prohibitive then at the £245 mark and in fairness you couldn't do Blackers for that. I'm not sure though because Greece is peretty good in May time too.

Last edited:
@Two Gun Bob have you tried the Love Holidays website?
You can choose your best flight options on there

I''ll have a peep shortly mate.One to avoid is the Teletext shysters who advertise cheep unachievable prices to hook in you in and then always give a final price well in excess of the advertised price.They say it's because the price advertised is not a live price but I smell ground-baiting and catapults full of it.If any one wants to try an experiment ring them a few times and see if they sell at the price advertised.Rung one this morning and it was two hundred pounds out.Good grief !

Just got back from a week in Antalya.

Took me a couple of days to settle in/acclimatise......but then i really enjoyed myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.