A Great Time To Visit Turkey

Each to their own i guess, i’ve been to marmaris 3 times & loved the place never had any hassle & the weather’s amazing

I’m going for the first time on Saturday to Oludeniz, all inclusive private beach.

Hopefully it will be ok?
I am not an expert but I would say you have missed out by going all inclusive. The choice of food is amazing ranging from street vendors to 5 star. I am sure you will have a great time. Get out in the evening and buy an ice ceam:-)

I am not an expert but I would say you have missed out by going all inclusive. The choice of food is amazing ranging from street vendors to 5 star. I am sure you will have a great time. Get out in the evening and buy an ice ceam:-)

It is our first time as we normally go for an apartment or b&b in a hotel, but I wanted to go to this hotel and it was all they offered. We will try and get out once or twice to see the town.

It is our first time as we normally go for an apartment or b&b in a hotel, but I wanted to go to this hotel and it was all they offered. We will try and get out once or twice to see the town.
Ignore all the negative posts I am sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!!

Been many times since 1994. One small resort most times. Never any hassle, never anything but really friendly locals. The 'hassling' tends to be mostly in the large resorts. We have been made to feel very welcome each time we have been.

Never the slightest 'threat' of terrorism. (People forget how big the country is, and most all trouble is in the east of it)

Great food and even great beer (Locally brewed 'Gara Guzu' , which cheekily translates as Black Sheep.) that is much cheaper than Eurozone countries.

Actually made some lifelong friends there, and wouldn't hesitate to buy a holiday/retirement home in 'our' village, if it wasn't for Erdogan and where he wants to take the country ..... Which is the only cloud on the horizon of Turkey, and why yeah, now is a great time to visit.

If you find yourself in the Gocek area, can highly recommend a trip with these people, a Dutch lady and her Turkish husband ..... You'll be looked after like royalty. Picked up and dropped off at your accommodation, food onboard is superb (Most of it produced on the family's farm between Dalyan and Gocek) Worth every Lira.
https://turkeygoceksailing.wixsite.com/gunay1

Independent review here from the Lonely Planet guy:
https://www.anadventurousworld.com/sailing-turquoise-coast-turkey/

Be careful with the lingo and body language

No thanks to a Turkish shop owner must translate to your mother is a filthy whore by the reaction you get and a smile from a blonde woman literally means grab away I’m game.

I’m going for the first time on Saturday to Oludeniz, all inclusive private beach.

Hopefully it will be ok?
A beautiful resort with a world famous lagoon at the end of a long beach. Hundreds of hang gliders, ( have a go!), food amazing and great nightlife. You are going to one of the prettiest resorts, but get the bus up to Hisaronu, another nice town, then on to Fethiye, a large town with loads of history.
Cruise down the Dalyan river, eat blue crab, see 5000 year old tombs carved into the rocks, see turtles the size of pool tables.
Enjoy, It's too much of a ballache for us getting there now, but with an exchange rate over 5 lira to the pound, things will also be dirt cheap.

Not been to Istanbull since the 70s it on my to do list

Despite how cliche it may sound, as beautiful as the country is & as great as the food is it's really the people that stay with you longest - everytime we leave, we already are looking forward to the next visit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.