A Great Time To Visit Turkey

A beautiful resort with a world famous lagoon at the end of a long beach. Hundreds of hang gliders, ( have a go!), food amazing and great nightlife. You are going to one of the prettiest resorts, but get the bus up to Hisaronu, another nice town, then on to Fethiye, a large town with loads of history.
Cruise down the Dalyan river, eat blue crab, see 5000 year old tombs carved into the rocks, see turtles the size of pool tables.
Enjoy, It's too much of a ballache for us getting there now, but with an exchange rate over 5 lira to the pound, things will also be dirt cheap.
Just hitting 6tl to the £ at the moment

I’m amazed at the sheer contrast in views. It’s a beautiful country with amazing friendly people and also a shithole with lecherous aggressive blokes. I guess like any country it depends on where you end up.
I've seen some of the beautiful side of it and met some great people but I've had issues with the border control Gestapo who refused my six year old son coming home because they claimed he hadn't paid his £10 to enter and the Russian mafiosi that run some of the hotel with their family as guests which is why it's a definite no from me, except a future visit to Istanbul

I’m going for the first time on Saturday to Oludeniz, all inclusive private beach.

Hopefully it will be ok?
Do the paragliding.
Fantastic experience.
I've done it twice. £ 50 -70 on the street.
Don't book any day trips with your reply or thru your hotel. They will charge you £25 a head.
Book your trips with the shops in the town.
£10-12 a head . .. Identical trips.
Boat trips are a good day and the jeep safari is unmissable.
Don't take any lira with you.
Most bars and shops will change your money at a much better rate than anywhere either here or there. The Turkish love sterling.
Suncream is a must because it gets very hot in Turkey. Too fucking hot in August.
Enjoy.

Cruise down the Dalyan river, eat blue crab, see 5000 year old tombs carved into the rocks, see turtles the size of pool tables

That's where we return to time and time again .... Dalyan. Stayed there 14 times over the years. Love the place .... Nothing like chilling at a bar along the riverside, looking at those Lycian tombs all lit up at night with a cold one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.