A Great Time To Visit Turkey

Love turkey.
Ive been 3 times now twice to kusadasi and once to belek.
I would go every year but like trying new places aswell

A shit hole, I won't be returning anytime soon
Suppose it depends where abouts you go as there is good and bad in every country .Turkey is a huge place and there great places to visit .
Should imagine like any where there will be places to avoid

I’m going for the first time on Saturday to Oludeniz, all inclusive private beach.

Hopefully it will be ok?

It's never been a place that I would have gone but friends have a house in Calis Beach so we went. Oludeniz is fantastic and very relaxed. Visit the Buzz bar for cocktails and even dinner. Great location. Head on the bus to Fetyhie, the next town. Bigger resort and lots of good restaurants and bars and nice harbour.

I recommend Ouldeniz to a colleague last year and she's been twice since. Loves it.

Its an amazing place to holiday. We have been for the last 8 years and never seen anything to worry about. I would encourage everyone to give it a go.

Gov Uk on Turkey
Summary.. Still current at: 20 May 2018 Updated: 3 May 2018

The situation has calmed following an attempted coup on 15 to 16 July 2016. But the security environment remains potentially volatile and a state of emergency is in place.In some busy areas, especially Istanbul, the Turkish authorities are stopping members of the public to conduct ID checks. There’s also a larger than usual number of police checkpoints on main roads across Turkey. You should co-operate with officials conducting checks, and keep your passport and a printed copy of your e-visa or your residence permit with you at all times.
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Turkey.
Terrorist groups, including Kurdish groups, Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL) and far left organisations,continue to plan and carry out attacks. Further attacks could be indiscriminate.

Most terrorist attacks have taken place in the south and east of the country and in Ankara and Istanbul.Attacks are most likely to target the Turkish state, civilians and demonstrations. Nevertheless, it’s likely that some attackswill also target western interests and tourists from western countries, particularly in the major cities.The Turkish authorities have successfully disrupted attack planning in the recent past and have said that security has been tightened in response to recent attacks.You should be vigilant, follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reportsand keep up to date with this travel advice. See Terrorism.

So Uk Gov indicate the threat is there and I guess you pays your money and you takes your chances.The current risk reward scenario for us is not worth the saving of a few hundred quid.In the current climate I would be loathed to travel to most muslim countries on the radar.The world is a big place and so many beautiful destinations to imbibe of.Morocco Tunisia Egypt and Turkey at the moment are sadly off that radar.Having said that the numbers of visitors to Turkey are on the increase in 2018 so we shall have to wait and see.A much needed glimmer of hope on the horizon.I very much think so. However there is a reason that tourism has massively declined in the region.In 2014 to 2017 it has gone down from 40 million to almost half.For the people that love it then continue to embrace all that it offers you and your families.Its just not for us at the moment.
The reality on the ground is totaly diferent from the perception . In the last 4 years i have been in Turkey alot. Never seen any army patrols .never seen a roadblock never been stopped to show Id or passport .Never once have i felt threatend or un safe .Then compare that to the atrocity carried out at the Manchester Arena and the attacks in London .Gun and knife attacks are on the rise in London
The fact is any sort of atacks could happen anywhere in the world but i would rather be in Turkey not to save a few bob but the quality of life is so much better
Each to there own but i no where i would i rather be

Been to Side and it was fantastic ....and I'm a fussy bugger with high standards.

Used to think I wouldn't go back given terrorist threat but my attitude has totally changed since Manchester Arena attack .......it really could happen anywhere

had a place in turkey for 12 years . sold it last year. great people .cheap beer an food and weather was always amazing.had many great times and made many turkish friends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.