A heavily watered pitch?

Slick passing is all very well and good but doesn't count for much if it's not done with pace and our lot as so bloody slow in build up at times they'd be as well not bothering watering the pitch. Hopefully this part of our play will be addressed next season.......

Last time I checked we had scored the most counterattacking goals in the league. According to the official Premier League site, we're now level with Chelsea; a team renowned for their lightening counter attacks and ruthlessness. If we had been more clinical with our chances, we'd be way ahead of them.

When you dominate teams the way we do, it's not possible to attack at 100mph for ninety minutes. It's almost like some of our supporters would rather just give the opposition the ball when we're not sprinting at them full speed.

The keen eyed amongst you may have noticed that we water both halfs before kick off - but in the last two home games we have only watered the half we are attacking into for the second half. (we don't know which way we will be facing before kickoff)

Meaning - our defensive half is slow and sticky and easy not to slip (benefits our defenders) - but the other half is fast for passing and slippier for defenders (benefits our attackers).

I have just heard this phrase on the commentary for tonights game and it has got me wondering....

Why is it better for a highly skilled (i.e. expensive!) team like ours to play on a slick pitch?

Back in the day, a damp pitch would usually favour the lower league team - I'm confused.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than me, explain this?

It's not. Have you seen the amount of times we've slipped over at key moments ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.