A lesson in attitude

mammutly

The heart of the team and of the club is strong. We have seen today that the will and the spirit are there, and that the players do care and do want to play for us, for each other, and for this club.. Tevez is the prime example. Gutted when he came off he would have run himself into the ground just for the chance to carry on playing.

The self belief, the confidence at the club is strong now. And that is something that goes unnoticed amongst all the hype about individual players and new signings. I think City have posted a marker today that says more about the true quality in the club as it is now than all the multi millions spent ever could.

Yes, we lost today, to a very, very good side. But the future is somehow more promising than it was yesterday. We always knew the quality was there. We bought that! But now we know the right attitude and all the stuff that goes with that is there too. City have shown that today and I think we should be more confident now. Might seem strange after losing a game, but I do think City have shown real character today. And that isn't something that can be bought.

The numbers still hurt. Yes, they fought well today but it's still 0-3 and that's enough to make my day really shite. The game against Wolves can't come quick enough, where we can shake this off with a good win.

mammutly said:
The heart of the team and of the club is strong. We have seen today that the will and the spirit are there, and that the players do care and do want to play for us, for each other, and for this club.. Tevez is the prime example. Gutted when he came off he would have run himself into the ground just for the chance to carry on playing.

The self belief, the confidence at the club is strong now. And that is something that goes unnoticed amongst all the hype about individual players and new signings. I think City have posted a marker today that says more about the true quality in the club as it is now than all the multi millions spent ever could.

Yes, we lost today, to a very, very good side. But the future is somehow more promising than it was yesterday. We always knew the quality was there. We bought that! But now we know the right attitude and all the stuff that goes with that is there too. City have shown that today and I think we should be more confident now. Might seem strange after losing a game, but I do think City have shown real character today. And that isn't something that can be bought.

SPOT ON! Exactly my thoughts,You can learn alot in defeat and today shows what a strong group of players and club we have now.The futures blue fellow BLUES!!!

if ya gunna lose at least go down fighting, i hate use to use him as an example but how manby times have we seen ferguson throw the kitchen sink at teams when they have been losing, used every piece of armoury he has got to rescue the situation, its a spirit that develops, if you create a winning mentally you have cracked it. Pride in the dressing room will have been wounded today, because they know with a full eleven we can beat anybody, it will bring out the best in us in the coming weeks, if players dont hurt they shouldnt be wearing a our beloved blue shirt. Im not to disappointed today cos i know that if Arsenal play their passing game they are as good as anyone. Its hard enough with 11 never mind 10. Mancio will pick us up im sure, team spirit will also spur us on.

I agree whole heartedly with this post. Today we actually looked a team that cared and that can only be positive.

Exactly, as I have said in another thread, they all, every single one of them, gave 110% today and they never let their heads go down.

Thank you City, you were magnificent and we can only go onward and upward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.