Martin Samuel appreciation

I wont click on the daily mail site. I'll take your word for it.
I agree with you but I truely believe this is a just cause for clicking there, if not only out of respect for the journalist himself.

Please don't cut your nose off to spite your face, trust me it's worth it!

It's not. I assume that's also a rule though. Our initial fine and squad reduction was because our income exceeded our outgoings too much (after they changed the rules last minute) whereas these allegations were that the income that we did declare wasn't really what we claimed it was. But it's UEFA's own rules that put the 5 year limit on it. The CAS don't have that rule, but have to base it on the rules of the competition as written by UEFA. And given that they wrote the rules, it's amazing that they would then bring them to court, unless the only reason to do so is to further smear us. They know that if they bring inadmissible evidence, even if it's bollocks, it will be reported, and the story won't be that we were cleared of all charges, it will be that we were cleared of all charges and that some of the evidence was inadmissible. And in the hands of a willing media, that would then be quickly turned into "they were cleared of all charged because some of the evidence was inadmissible."

i think this case at uefa and at CAS was for 5 or 6 things and mancini payoff was one ? and the 2014 case was revisited because of the leaks and the etihad sponsorship was also another and the fine was for not working with uefa and not shown the books when asked

The other teams really shot themselves in the foot when they all signed bigger sponsorship deals than us straight after we signed the Etihad deal. It's hard to argue we're cooking the books when a team that hasn't challenged for the title in 10 years and another than hadn't challenged for it for 25 years have a bigger shirt deal than us.

Fantastic journalist.
Always does his research, doesn’t follow the herd and always gives a balanced article.
We should sit him a directors box and put all the other shithouse journalists in a piss stained portacabin with a leaky roof.

I respect Martin Samuel due to his impartial, balanced views and the quality of his articles. I would not want him to treat us favourably just fairly as he has done to date. If this integrity earns him privileged access to senior City officials that is a just reward and would serve as an example to other journalists.

It's not. I assume that's also a rule though. Our initial fine and squad reduction was because our income exceeded our outgoings too much (after they changed the rules last minute) whereas these allegations were that the income that we did declare wasn't really what we claimed it was. But it's UEFA's own rules that put the 5 year limit on it. The CAS don't have that rule, but have to base it on the rules of the competition as written by UEFA. And given that they wrote the rules, it's amazing that they would then bring them to court, unless the only reason to do so is to further smear us. They know that if they bring inadmissible evidence, even if it's bollocks, it will be reported, and the story won't be that we were cleared of all charges, it will be that we were cleared of all charges and that some of the evidence was inadmissible. And in the hands of a willing media, that would then be quickly turned into "they were cleared of all charged because some of the evidence was inadmissible."

Yes and the next question is why? Or, who, persuaded them. There's a really big story here for some journo or other and a major collusion/corruption scandal underneath it

Gone in again. He sees it properly
Hes not blinded by loyalties or clicks.
He just tells it as it is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.