A Must Read: The Edin Džeko Story

Brilliant read . I wonder if after reading this , the handful of morons who criticise his every touch during home games , will think twice .....i doubt it

Edin Dzeko - Legend !

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like. Definitely makes me respect Dzeko even more though.

panzer1311 said:
Brilliant read . I wonder if after reading this , the handful of morons who criticise his every touch during home games , will think twice .....i doubt it

Edin Dzeko - Legend !

This is true. It's because they're City fan who aren't interested how popular he is in Bosnia and are interested in how he performs in his job as a football player for Manchester City.

Damocles said:
panzer1311 said:

Edin Dzeko - Legend !

This is true. It's because they're City fan who aren't interested how popular he is in Bosnia and are interested in how he performs in his job as a football player for Manchester City.

AND... he does that very well as his strike rate (goals) will testify...

Preferable to Cavani for me...

He always seems so cool even in the thick of it- and almost is languid in his approach - the reason is because he has seen such shit nothing really phases him.
He is such an important player for City- we cannot underestimate what he did for City this year with Serg and the Beast injured so much.
He needs another contract which rewards that and I hope he carries on in the same vein next season

panzer1311 said:

Edin Dzeko - Legend !

Thats a bit out of order, just because people recognise that for the majority of a game he has an awful first touch, has next to zero vision and couldnt pass a ball to save his life doesnt make them morons.

On the other hand people who think he is a legend... well now!

Re: Edin Dzeko, Bluemoon's Bosnians and Hope

Fallingbostel Blue said:
fantastic read, I was serving with the UN during the Bosnian conflict, we were protecting a Muslim enclave called Gorazde, it really was a shitting time for the Bosnian Muslims as they were getting annihilated but one thing that kept them going was Football, they were fanatical about it. They used to kick our arse at every opportunity 5 a side and 11 aside. I really hope they get some success at the world cup.

Then you definitely know what kind of shit was happening here. Gorazde is hero city, the single enclave filled mostly by Bosniaks in east Bosnia that never surrendered and saved themselves from mass slaughterings other cities in that area went through. Several other cities in east Bosnia had periods when thousands of people were slaughtered in a single day.

Srebrenica is most known and a symbol of that period due to highest number of victims (almost 9000 in 4-5 days) and the period it happened )on the end of the war when Bosnia was all over the news) but all other places bar Gorazde in that particular area + more in other parts of the country had their own slaughter days on the very beginning of the war when there was no cameras around. Prijedor for ex. in west Bosnia had 5000 people killed in 2-3 days, few days ago we had anniversary of Prijedor massacre when people in Bosnia and all over the world are wearing white armbands on their sleeves as remembrance of Prijedor non-serbs who had to wear it in that period like Jews did in WW2.

crazyadi said:
panzer1311 said:

Edin Dzeko - Legend !

Thats a bit out of order, just because people recognise that for the majority of a game he has an awful first touch, has next to zero vision and couldnt pass a ball to save his life doesnt make them morons.

On the other hand people who think he is a legend... well now!

Maybe not morons but we've always had a minority who don't know much about football and target individual players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.