A nasty streak required?

johnmc

A lot of sucessful teams recently have had that one player who was a nasty bastard when they needed to be - Keane, Viera, Essien, Gerrard, Rooney are the type i'm thinking of. All top players in their own right but also got up the noses of the opposition due to "dirty" tactics.

Now I don't know if this is necessary to be sucessfulm but when it comes down to it I don't think it is a bad thing to have. I think these players are feared and have somwtimes won the battle before it has started.

I don't see anyone in the squad who has a nasty streak, and it is probably is a bit of a dying breed. So do you think we need such a player and who is there in world football, apart from those mentioned, with this in their game. Only one i can think of is De Rossi and that is going off memory of 2 or 3 years ago

We don't need a nasty streak, we will set our own precidences and do it our way, not the way those twats did it.

chorleybloo123 said:
Bellamy and Zabaleta?

De Jong could easily be nurtured into becoming one, imo.

I considered Bellamy but whilst he gets on peoples nerves it is usually only the referees. Zab I haven't really seen him do too many malicious tackles. De Jong is a battler but an honest one. Like I said its not a requirement but not necessarily a bad thing sometimes.

johnmc said:
A lot of sucessful teams recently have had that one player who was a nasty bastard when they needed to be - Keane, Viera, Essien, Gerrard, Rooney are the type i'm thinking of. All top players in their own right but also got up the noses of the opposition due to "dirty" tactics.

Now I don't know if this is necessary to be sucessfulm but when it comes down to it I don't think it is a bad thing to have. I think these players are feared and have somwtimes won the battle before it has started.

I don't see anyone in the squad who has a nasty streak, and it is probably is a bit of a dying breed. So do you think we need such a player and who is there in world football, apart from those mentioned, with this in their game. Only one i can think of is De Rossi and that is going off memory of 2 or 3 years ago

they are a dieing breed that are just not needed in the game anymore.

3878_1_230.jpeg

Like this?

The "nasty streak" players you speak of are dying out because the game has tightened up heavily on bad challenges. Roy Keane would barely get on the pitch these days due to suspensions were he still a player. We need to play through teams not tackle through them. As long as we hold a solid defensive line and have Given free from injury our attacking force should do the rest ;)

i think rather than a nasty streak we lack leadership and somebody to organise the defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.