A new zoo in Trafford?

Mad Eyed Screamer

Plans are being discussed to have a zoo in the Trafford area (lots of gags about animals in the swamp expected)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

....and as always, former Trafford resident Steven Patrick Morrissey is on the ball.

"Trafford Council's idea to open a zoo in Manchester is probably the worst idea in the history of the human brain. Just as the world makes terrific advancements in animal rights, Trafford Council leaps back 100 years with plans to trap, strap, clamp, cramp and restrain animals from living anything close to a natural life. I'm decrepit enough to remember Belle Vue Zoo… the lucky animals died in transit from their natural habitat. Personally, I think I'd rather be shot in the head by Prince Harry.
Anyone who thinks a zoo is a good idea should spend one full year in a cage. I'd anticipate a swift change of mind! It's no different to proposing plans for a concentration camp in Wilmslow. Welcome to the sorry past."

Morrissey 10 January 2019....

There used to be a petting zoo at Longford Park back in the day didn't there ? Then Longford house was demolished ? .. I lived in Stretford many years ago ... Kinda remember it from the summer pageant ? .. Amy one can confirm this ? I wanna say cruel wire nets and just birds ? Are those houses still there stunning properties now now I guess ... Not been back for many a years to longy park ? Running track stadium still there .. we did our summer school (Stretford Grammar) back in the day there was mental days

The old Belle Vue zoo was a disgusting abomination. No more thanks.
One of my earliest memories in life is my old man bollocking me for sticking my hand Inside the wolves cage at Belle View zoo! A sign of my future recalcitrance around football support, that he should have dealt with at the time, if he’d wanted me to support united. Think it bothers him a little bit I support City. I think he just assumed I’d support united.

I suppose it depends on the animal but I’d guess that for most animals, life in a decent zoo is far easier and far less brutal than being in the wild.

I suppose it depends on the animal but I’d guess that for most animals, life in a decent zoo is far easier and far less brutal than being in the wild.
I ended up taking a group of kids to sea world in Orlando before Xmas. Given free tickets. I didn't want to go but I was the only driver.
Went to the whale show. Kids and everyone loved it all close up and that but I just kept thinking what they have missed out on swimming free in the oceans rather than performing tricks for our entertainment. On each of the areas in the park a lot of dressing up was done on how educational the park is and how profits are ploughed into protecting sea life but for the dolphins and whales their life is just swimming round a pool performing tricks. And the day they stop performing them as expected?

Well it has a swamp so why not a zoo.

If the zoo was more a conversation area one that helped preserve endangered species with a look to enlarge the popolulation and it was in an area vast enough that those animals were living in suitable enviroments, then fine, but I cannot see how trafford can do that, so maybe not.

On Mozza when he decides to move back to the area the fat **** can comment.. gobshite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.