A Passing Thought About Non-Bluemooners

As I wait for my Leipzig ticket to appear on my phone and as I think back to the frenzy of posts on here prior to the mobile ticket introduction I wonder if there's a parallel universe out there in which non-Bluemooners serenely flow through Man City life, not worrying about whether their ticket will materialise, or their phone is up to the job, get through to supporter services within a day, and sit and watch the game oblivious to the agony we on here suffer daily?

Fans who don’t visit the internet are better off. I remember years ago when the MEN website started allowing comments and I genuinely couldn’t believe how negative they were on the City articles. The internet seems to congregate the most miserable and whiny of people. You simply don’t get that many negative people all together at the match or in a pub.

When I mention BM on away days, people look at me quizzically and say, “Is that the forum all the moaners go on?”

I explain a lot of top Blues go on here but they don’t want to know.
Similar with fanzines back in the day. Blue Print had 2,000 of each edition printed and it took 4 / 5 home games (plus aways) to sell them with home crowds of 25 - 30,000

Similar with fanzines back in the day. Blue Print had 2,000 of each edition printed and it took 4 / 5 home games (plus aways) to sell them with home crowds of 25 - 30,000
The fact is that City have some 40k season card holders, plus who knows how many 'Cityzen' card holders, and however many trillion followers on Facebook, twatter, instawhatever etc.

BM, like fanzines in the late 20th century, is no more than an outlet for people to let off steam, express an opinion, or basically have a bit of a laugh. In the great scheme of things, BM means very little. It just means a lot to a small number of people with the same basic interest.

The club won't be swayed by the comments of a relatively tiny percentage of supporters posting on BM. We're just a bunch of people with (probably too much) time on their hands, most of whom are old enough to know better.

As you well know Phill, a lot of effort went into putting a lot of nonsense together to fill pages in a fanzine, and it was a triumph when an article was well received/praised by readers. I look at BM in much the same way, the only difference being the absence of real editorial control...

In amongst all the shite on BM, there are some moments of true genius. Billy Know Nowt hitting the nail on the head with his 25,000th post but only getting 4 likes because his post got lost among 300 pages of insanity.

Bluemoon is great. We piss in the wind on a variety of topics every day, knowing that it makes not one iota of difference to anything.

It's an outlet for nutters of all shapes and sizes.

Happy Times indeed.

The fact is that City have some 40k season card holders, plus who knows how many 'Cityzen' card holders, and however many trillion followers on Facebook, twatter, instawhatever etc.

BM, like fanzines in the late 20th century, is no more than an outlet for people to let off steam, express an opinion, or basically have a bit of a laugh. In the great scheme of things, BM means very little. It just means a lot to a small number of people with the same basic interest.

The club won't be swayed by the comments of a relatively tiny percentage of supporters posting on BM. We're just a bunch of people with (probably too much) time on their hands, most of whom are old enough to know better.

As you well know Phill, a lot of effort went into putting a lot of nonsense together to fill pages in a fanzine, and it was a triumph when an article was well received/praised by readers. I look at BM in much the same way, the only difference being the absence of real editorial control...

In amongst all the shite on BM, there are some moments of true genius. Billy Know Nowt hitting the nail on the head with his 25,000th post but only getting 4 likes because his post got lost among 300 pages of insanity.

Bluemoon is great. We piss in the wind on a variety of topics every day, knowing that it makes not one iota of difference to anything.

Happy Times indeed.
Well that's a downer, mate. I had it in my head that Pep reads every one of my posts whilst nodding sagely in agreement and telling the squad that Pablo, err I mean Phil1 knows his onions..

Happy Times indeed.
Do you not think it is also acts a little bit as a support network too? All that chatter on downloading tickets and how to transfer with different phones and goodness knows what else. I rather like the fact that no matter how frustrated or stuck I am there is always someone in a similar position to help or cheer you up. It is true of course they can also leave you feeling deflated after what you think has been a good performance, suppose that it what you mean by the nutters bit!

When I was in my 20s I could not give a toss about forward planning. I would rock up to events and expect to get in somehow. I think it is an age thing plus new tech that makes it worse these days. I can recall being locked out of many games after queueing for hours to pay on the gate. We just went to the pub.
This is not a new problem anyone who experienced the ticketing for Gillingham play off will know what I mean. For the Wigan semi final you needed proof of being a season ticket holder or ticket stubs from several games.At the Wigan game we were given a piece of paper saying the Wigan ticket would guarantee you a Wembley ticket which would be on sale at a venue in town I can't remember where. After the Wigan game these instructions were ignored and non season ticket holders were told you would need the stubs again . We were told you could apply in person or by post, I applied by post and two months after the match received a letter saying my application had been unsuccessful and returning my stubs. Personal applicants qued for an average of eight hours. In those days this was par for the course typical City cock up but now as one of the world's top clubs I would expect better.

As I wait for my Leipzig ticket to appear on my phone and as I think back to the frenzy of posts on here prior to the mobile ticket introduction I wonder if there's a parallel universe out there in which non-Bluemooners serenely flow through Man City life, not worrying about whether their ticket will materialise, or their phone is up to the job, get through to supporter services within a day, and sit and watch the game oblivious to the agony we on here suffer daily?
There is and I'm in it.

You know I find that due to the significantly older demographic here, BM is generally less detached from reality than most other 'topic of interest' forums I've seen/used in my lifetime (with good things, bad things, and everything else). Although the Transfer Forum is an exception.

So most of the concerns in the OP I'd imagine are commonly existent outside of BM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.