A Positive from the new euro away ticket system?

Some time ago I used to go watching England quite extensively. Rather than points you got caps with one for a home game and two for an away match. They had a similar problem with people buying away tickets and either not attending or passing them on to others but still obtaining the caps. To counter this they introduced a system whereby you had to provide proof of travel after the away match to be credited your caps. So after the game you would either scan your boarding card in and email or send it in the post. They had alternative methods for different modes of transport.

They also did the ticket pick up at venue on one occassion for matches I attended being Brazil v England in Qatar.

In terms of data protection etc you had to have a police check to get the supporters card and the police would be checking you in the airport!

was anyone else confused as to why you had to bring your passport to the match? what were we supposed to be matching together? there was nothing on the ticket like my name or date of birth to match with my passport, all very odd...

Wearing the wristband in a City less hospitable than Madrid could invite trouble !

Why can't they just print your name and passport number on the ticket, and make sure the correct passport is shown on entry. Tickets could then be mailed out, the old fashioned way !
as opposed to wearing your colours around madrid?We had no problems with madrid fans in the city

The problem most blues I know are having is that for a family of four they only have 3 season tickets or for 3 of them they only have 2 as this has worked well with work commitments/family/university etc, plus there's usually a spare going off one of their group if all are available to go.how do you now go about getting a ticket for the family member who has gone for years but has no points history or little on a citycard,would it not be possible for the club to allow immediate family members to have the use of their card if they didn't decide to go to a European match themselves.this would be hard to abuse as it's unlikely an emmediate family member would go and spend their money if they weren't into city

as opposed to wearing your colours around madrid?We had no problems with madrid fans in the city
I know we had no problem in MAdrid, (I was there), if you care to re read my post i said, "in a City less hospitable than Madrid"!

The problem most blues I know are having is that for a family of four they only have 3 season tickets or for 3 of them they only have 2 as this has worked well with work commitments/family/university etc, plus there's usually a spare going off one of their group if all are available to go.how do you now go about getting a ticket for the family member who has gone for years but has no points history or little on a citycard,would it not be possible for the club to allow immediate family members to have the use of their card if they didn't decide to go to a European match themselves.this would be hard to abuse as it's unlikely an emmediate family member would go and spend their money if they weren't into city

If they can afford corporate tickets then the problem is sorted. I guess not in the cases of your friends / their families.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.