A question about cup-tied players...

MelbourneBlue

Lets just assume for the point of the exercise that RSC does not play FA Cup this weekend for Blackburn and we sign him on Tuesday.
Does that mean he is eligible to play for City later on (assuming we progress)?

There are quite a few players 'injured' for tomorrows FAC games, I heard last night at Wigan where Zakki and heskey are out so looks like they ate going else where. RSC is out too accourding to SSN.

What about Europen competition? If we sign a player that has played in the group stages of Uefa or champs league that are still in the champs league or dropping i nto the Uefa due to not qualifying for can they play for us going forward in this competition?

Hope not or it takes the piss a bit out of the January window.

Ask Real Madrid - they seem to be the experts on eligilibility for Cup competitions. Not.

Ch0pper Reid said:
There are quite a few players 'injured' for tomorrows FAC games, I heard last night at Wigan where Zakki and heskey are out so looks like they ate going else where. RSC is out too accourding to SSN.

What about Europen competition? If we sign a player that has played in the group stages of Uefa or champs league that are still in the champs league or dropping i nto the Uefa due to not qualifying for can they play for us going forward in this competition?

I think I saw this in an earlier thread a few weeks back. UEFA rules mention UEFA "club" competition. Therefore that would seem to mean anyone who has played for one team in any UEFA club competition cannot play for another team in any UEFA competition that season. Sorry if that pisses on your chips.

jimharri said:
Ch0pper Reid said:

I think I saw this in an earlier thread a few weeks back. UEFA rules mention UEFA "club" competition. Therefore that would seem to mean anyone who has played for one team in any UEFA club competition cannot play for another team in any UEFA competition that season. Sorry if that pisses on your chips.

Reading the rules last night, it seemed to me that you can play 1 player that would be cup-tied from your January signings(or indeed earlier like Corluka with Spurs)once your in the round of 32, but it has to be a nominated player.

felixbg said:
anelka played last season for bolton in the uefa, then chelski for the chumps league ...

different rule book written differently to UEFA cup regs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.