A question about tickets

Cityfan1977

I have a question to fans here .
There is a guy I am having a argument with about City he says that he has been to Etihad many times
with no ticket and every time he got a ticket just by going to the ticket sale outside Etihad just before the game.

I have been few times but always with tickets bought long time before the game.
As you can tell he is trying to make a point about our low fan base, so my question is this true can one do that
by the way he is a sport reporter from Iceland trying his hardest to be pro Liverpool and United.

Last edited:
There is a guy I am having a argument with about City he says that he has been to Etihad many times
with no ticket and every time he got a ticket just by going to the ticket sale outside Etihad just before the game.

As you can tell he is trying to make a point about our low fan base, so my question is this true can one do that
by the way he is a sport reporter from Iceland trying his hardest to be pro Liverpool and United.
Tell the prick to do one, you can get a ticket for every game outside the merc garage if you’ve pockets deep enough

ok if you have a match who are not sold out the ticket can still be bought just before kick off or are there time limit for that

The majority you won't be able to and fans reselling stops 3 hours before the game. You will be able to for any UCL game where we are not playing a glory team but not of what you say makes any sense whatsoever. The queue is always massive so you would be able to buy just before without along wait due to the amount of people losing or forgetting their season cards etc, and anyone coming from abroad is unlikely to risk not getting in turning up on spec.

Ask which matches and how much he paid to the club, and what stand/tier.

Most of these people are picking up tickets they have ordered weeks before or are collecting a ticket if the tech has failed at the turnstile. There'll be the odd game for sure and I accept it's easier to get a ticket for City than Liverpool, but really, who gives a shit?

Tell him to grow up.

Edit - if he's a sports reporter worth the title he'd get in for free.

ask him which house on Anfield Road he has to pick up his ticket for the dippers at....all tout controlled

Amazing he comes all the way from Iceland presumably on spec, if I was paying for flights/accomodation etc I'd want to be sure I had a ticket..
or he just happens to be in Mcr when we are at home?
I'm calling BS on this one....

My response to these morons these days are

"Empty seats? We need the space to expand the trophy cabinet - have the Galziers taken yours on the Antique Roadshow yet?"

Or to make it personal

"I'd rather have an empty seat than some guy who works in a frozen food shop sitting next to me"

So what if you can or cannot buy tickets to some games up to kickoff, most games are sold out and the queues at the ticket shop are "matchday collections" mainly.

There are frequently returns from people who can't attend for last minute reasons. It's not unusual to see them appear on the seat planner 48 hours before the game or even later. On this basis I am not surprised that if you turn up early enough you will have a chance of getting one from the ticket office, especially if you are obviously not an away fan. It doesn't mean we don't sell out our games. Your pal sounds like a bit of a dick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.