A question for any refs on here.

Seems to me the 6 second rule has been ignored for years. What's the point of having it if refs aren't enforcing it ?
Last time I remember it being enforced was Mignolet for Liverpool about five years ago, and I bet it was as long again before that.

only time I remember it being enforced was Nicky Weaver once in our first season back-up when the rule came in. Then it became one of those rules that in practice they realised was silly to implement and dropped it.

Ramsdale was doing it the other week, I counted 19 seconds on at least 2 occasions so to score in added time was even sweeter

What about holding shirts in the penalty box.
Mike Dean gave us a pen for it in one game and then one against in the same game.
The last world cup it was being enforced as England got a few penalties as VAR gave us everything.
It’s very hit and miss to say the least.

Just watching the Millwall v palace game.
Any refs on here know about the six second rule for keepers. Has it been done away with or just ignored. The palace keeper has the ball on his hand for well over twenty seconds at points in that game.
It never gets penalised and I was just wonder if refs have been advised to ignore it or is it just one of those things that gets forgotten about.

Just curious really. Thanks in advance.

Massive opportunity missed here - for top nostalgia points the question could have been phrased differently and the thread headed " You are the ref "

Refs are too shit scared of enforcing it anymore. In fact, I've changed my mind, I think they use it as an opportunity to enforce when it suits them. Referee gamesmanship.
Seriously fucked up part of the game.
I would even go so far as to say the fat refs like to take a breather so don't want to enforce it.

What about holding shirts in the penalty box.
Mike Dean gave us a pen for it in one game and then one against in the same game.
The last world cup it was being enforced as England got a few penalties as VAR gave us everything.
It’s very hit and miss to say the least.
Shirt pulling could be vastly reduced by making the shirts in skin tight lycra, but I assume the market in selling replica shirts would be vastly reduced

Thanks for that.
Just never gets penalised anymore. Should be clamped down on more with the amount of time wasting that goes on.
I have noticed that rule has been ignored for years now. Foul throws are ignored also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.