A question for those who think corruption is happening.

johnmc said:
NewbBlue said:
I don't think of corruption in terms of payments. It's improper influencing and bias.

They get calls that no other club gets. How many times has Neville deserved a red card this year and not received one, including dragging down an opponent clear on goal.

Once v Stoke.
Dont forget West Brom

So its clear alot of people think that United get many decisions for them because of what revenue they bring in from places like the Far East. FF to 2015, we have won the league 3 times and look to be on for a 4th. The PL looks at this and thinks, 'hmmm lets 'advise' the refs to be pro City because of the billions coming from the middle eastern TV revenue'. It becomes clear this is happening - are you happy winning the PL year in, year out because of assistance from dodgy decisions? Are you happy people see us as a team who the refs fawn over?

Pigeonho said:
So its clear alot of people think that United get many decisions for them because of what revenue they bring in from places like the Far East. FF to 2015, we have won the league 3 times and look to be on for a 4th. The PL looks at this and thinks, 'hmmm lets 'advise' the refs to be pro City because of the billions coming from the middle eastern TV revenue'. It becomes clear this is happening - are you happy winning the PL year in, year out because of assistance from dodgy decisions? Are you happy people see us as a team who the refs fawn over?

works both ways doesn't it, we've had to put up with it so when we get it make the most of it.

if you want to play the game you have to play it all.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
leroy said:
point proven - some go for, some go against.

btw, in your opinion it shouldnt have counted. we could have scored in the added time, just like blackpool could have done last night.
we can rightly call them for a lot of things, but the fact they dont give up is why they are successful. it is something we need to progress from where we are

not the point when the added time wasn't justifiable.

Case in point was when Everton had a 3 on 1 on the break at Goodison against them this season at 3-3 and the ref blew up during the attack for full time, the very same ref who let United carry on despite the allotted time having run out by a distance.

Joe, whilst I actually agree with you on the subject as a whole I do disagree on the above in bold, it was actually justifiable for me, my point being that Atkinson knew exactly to the second how much time he could actually JUSTIFY, the issue for me is that it wasn`t consistent with 99.9% of other games when time is totted up.
On the issue of ` well both teams have the chance to score in the added time`, let`s be honest, who is any extra added time at Old Trafford going to truly benefit, the rags at home going for the win who have a history of late goals or the away team ?

Dirty Harry said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
not the point when the added time wasn't justifiable.

Case in point was when Everton had a 3 on 1 on the break at Goodison against them this season at 3-3 and the ref blew up during the attack for full time, the very same ref who let United carry on despite the allotted time having run out by a distance.

Joe, whilst I actually agree with you on the subject as a whole I do disagree on the above in bold, it was actually justifiable for me, my point being that Atkinson knew exactly to the second how much time he could actually JUSTIFY, the issue for me is that it wasn`t consistent with 99.9% of other games when time is totted up.
On the issue of ` well both teams have the chance to score in the added time`, let`s be honest, who is any extra added time at Old Trafford going to truly benefit, the rags at home going for the win who have a history of late goals or the away team ?

I don't think it was a) he gave a foul against Carlos for fuck all when full time should have been blow. b) ball cleared the box and he still didn't blown for full time but let United attack again.

Yet Everton despite an injury time goal being scored(which Bellamy's wasn't, it was in normal time when the ball hit the net), got pulled back on a clear break because United would have lost otherwise.

Pigeonho said:
I don't even think it go's that deep, it's just a bit far fetched for me.
I honestley think they choose the dissision that will make there life the easiest, bearing in mind they only have a split second to do so i think that is even a subconsiouse one.

This is just showing us how every decision made in their games is highlighted - which is what the refs are scared of.

There will be as many mistakes in Blackburn v Stoke but there will never be the same exposure.

Numptyed said:
Pigeonho said:
I don't even think it go's that deep, it's just a bit far fetched for me.
I honestley think they choose the dissision that will make there life the easiest, bearing in mind they only have a split second to do so i think that is even a subconsiouse one.
We think alike. It really doesn't go anything like that deep. I think a ref sees what he sees and thats that. People who feel aggrieved will think what they like, but put yourself in a refs shows in real time, they call it as they see it as to me, thats what they are paid to do. I would rather believe our quality will win titles, not a bent or 'scared' ref.

Pigeonho said:
Just think about it for a second. Think about what it would take for a United official to go through to make a payment to a ref or any other bod, to ensure a game is not lost. Surely there would be a paper trail? An electronic transfer of data trail? An audio trail? A money trail?

We have just seen the downfall of a Sky 'legend', (their term, not mine), all in the space of 24 hours - because there was a trail. Now some think that trail was set up, and I can see why. That is just to bring down a commentator, not a club and one of the greatest managers ever, just a commentator. Now surely if someone hated United that much and suspected there was foul play with refs, a sting could be set up? Remember how easily Sven got stung by the NOTW? Surely if they thought something was not right, they would set up a sting to unmask the biggest footballing scandal since records began? It couldn't be that hard to do, could it?

Or am I being very naive and very gullible by not realising that it could actually be a matter of a masked menace, sneaking up to Peter Waltons house at night with a self exploding letter which explains what this 'payment' is for?

Still think its happening?

Just to say, this isn't a smartarse pop at those I regard as deluded enough to believe United are favoured upon. You know my thoughts on that. I believe they win because that is all they know to do and whether I get pillared for this or not, I admire how they carve out results like last night and I wish to high heaven we could start doing it. Time will bring that mentality to us, I am certain of it but its all about gaining the experience of doing so, and the fact is they have players there who only know how to win, and that experience rubs off on whoever it is Bacon Face decides to add to the squad for the future.

JFC!!!

How did Anderlecht bribe the official that fucked Forest over? What about Leeds before them? Chelsea v Barcelona? What about the World Cup matches that are fixed? These are more high profile than Blackpool v Manure FFS.

The authorities try to sweep all this under the table. I suppose you wouldn't remeber this -
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ll-scandal-to-name-bribed-players-488818.html
How many were named? What happened to this ref?

The betting industry in the far east is mind blowingly large & crossing them (as well as the eastern bloc mafia) is very dangerous. I even have my suspisions about City during the time of Shiniwatra, especially towards the end of his time. The Boro' 8-1 game... The 3 Brazilians who didn't give a shit about City... a manager on borrowed time... It had all the ingredients. (I'm not saying they were corrupt but it didn't feel right.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.