A reply to Mancini's MEN advert in La Gazzetta Dello Sport

kenzie115

Since seeing Mancini's advert in Saturday's Manchester Evening News Adam Keyworth (prestwichblue92) has been working tirelessly to have an advert placed in La Gazetta Dello Sport, thanking Mancini from the City fans.

The project was called Grazie Mancini Fund and below are his latest updates:

GRAZIE MANCINI FUND IS COMPLETE!

In just 4 days, we have raised over £7000 from over 700 individual donations. We did it.
Every single donation has been from everyday City fans and not one from any of our Celebrity support!

The advert will be 2/3rds of a page thanks to @tancredipalmeri and all at Gazzetta's willingness to negotiate and will be in the paper this weekend. I will hopefully confirm later today that this will be Saturday's edition.

Incredibly, as donations continue to pour in, I am in the position to give every penny over the advert fee to a local Manchester charity, so more people benefit from this idea.

Thank you to everyone who has donated/supported/publicised this, it just shows what fans can do when they pull together, very proud to be a blue at times like these.

Turns out we really do things differently here.

Update:

Donations are still trickling in, and for anyone who has donated, I WILL send out an email with a professional copy for you to print should you wish once the ad has been published.
For those who didn't get the last email, blame google mail who were blocking some due to the high volumes in which they were sent.

In the next half an hour I will confirm if it is indeed tomorrow, or Monday when we will get to see the final piece of the puzzle.
The media coverage has been ridiculous, but I have always maintained in these interviews etc that YOU lot are the real heroes here, donating your hard earned in tough times.

I will be back soon to confirm a publication date and how you can get your copies.
P.S the ad looks absolutely stunning.

GRAZIE MANCINI PUBLICATION DATE:

Tuesday - 28th May in Gazzetta dello Sport.

The delay is due to their Giro cycling coverage and so on Tuesday, you will find the add on Page 13! Details on how to get a copy will follow.

We will be making a large donation to Manchester charity JumpSpace on Tuesday with the funds that keep on coming in.

All those who have donated/are donating will receive an email later today to confirm everything.

Thanks for your support, it's finally finished!

I'd like to add that this has been a tremendous effort by all the blues who donated; as has been mentioned previously this has never been done before and it's things like this that really set us apart from other fans.

In addition, Adam deserves a huge thank you. He's put a lot of time and effort into this project over the past few days; gathering support, negotiating with La Gazzetta and setting up the Grazie Mancini Fund. He's received a lot of unnecessary abuse, particularly on Twitter (some of it, unbelievably, from City fans), and has handled it in a very dignified manner.

Adam, you, and the 700 blues that donated, have done something we should all be very proud of, so thanks, and congratulations on a job well done.

Let's hope Bob likes it! ;)

Re: A reply to Mancini's MEN advert?

kenzie115 said:
Henry Winter of the torygraph tweeted this earlier:

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKi4ES0CUAAYbB5.jpg:large[/bigimg]

I presumed he'd seen a thread on here but it would appear not.

I suppose it's possible he could have just spoken to a few City fans but it makes more sense that he'd have seen it on a forum (or similar).

Anyone know where he got his information from?

For what it's worth, I think it's a great idea.

Edited.

On a scale of one to ten..How bored must you be to even suggest stuff like this seriously ffs ;-)

S04 said:
On a scale of one to ten..How bored must you be to even suggest stuff like this seriously ffs ;-)
WTF? why even post if you dont like the idea? it would be the perfect THANK YOU from us.<br /><br />-- Sat May 18, 2013 1:50 pm --<br /><br />
rushts said:
Can somebody cut and paste for me please, i can't see anything, cheers.

(or tell me what to install so i can see it :-)
cut and paste, what?

rushts said:

Install 'notavirus.exe' and watch me get richer and you get poorer :D

Tancredi Palmeri, who I assume works for La Gazetta, has just tweeted to say he has been contacted by City fans regarding putting a thank you message in the paper.

Looks like this is happening.

Edit: He works for CNN Italia but contributes to La Gazetta.<br /><br />-- Sat May 18, 2013 12:55 pm --<br /><br />
TGR said:
rushts said:

+1

It's a picture of a tweet from Henry Winter saying:

After Mancini's MEN 'grazie', some #mcfc fans discussing taking out an ad in @Gazzetta_it to thank Mancini. Great idea.

zeven said:
S04 said:
WTF? why even post if you dont like the idea? it would be the perfect THANK YOU from us.

He´s a footy manager, before he ends his career he´ll be sacked a number of times..It just goes with the job, it´s like a player being transferred.
It´s nothing special about it, he haven´t been around for ages like say Fergie, neither have he delivered on a constant basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.